Jobs at:Wikwiheba Mwana Center
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WIKWIHEBA MWANA CENTER is a registered local NGO with reference number N98/RGB/NGO/2017 located in Gatsibo District, which started its activities in April 2007 and was created under the initiative of one of the parents with three children suffering from epilepsy, it was initially an association of parents of children with various types of disabilities.
In accordance with the Government policy to ensure that, every child is raised within a family, children have been reintegrated with their respective families and others were welcomed in family-based alternative care. The Centre is currently focusing on follow-up activities and offer of daycare services to children with disabilities. This new way of working means that the staff of the Centre do fieldwork and home visits, as well as receive children who come daily to the Centre for inclusive Early Childhood Development (ECD) and other specialized services for people with disabilities. .
• Assess the functional capacities of children with disabilities and identify their needs for rehabilitation and specific items
• Provide safe and appropriate Occupation therapy interventions
• Participate in the inter-professional analysis, plan, and reporting of children with disabilities coming to the Centre.
Competencies (knowledge, skills required for the job):
• Ability to work in an multidisciplinary team
• Demonstrated ability to develop and apply clinical tools
• Familiar users centered approach
• Good capacity to organize and conduct training and community awareness-raising campaigns
• Knowledge of community-based rehabilitation approach
• Ability to work with partners
• Knowledge of referral mechanism
• Ability to develop information materials
• Degree in occupational therapy from a recognized university or A2 with at least 2 years of experience as occupational therapist.
• To be registered in RWOTA
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae in English or Kinyarwanda including 3 names of professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org . The deadline for receiving applications is February 18th 2021 at 05:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.