Office Assistant and Receptionist
AFR began its operations in 2010 with the core objective of stimulating the development of the financial sector in Rwanda. AFR’s intention is to remove the systemic barriers that hinder access to financial services by putting low-income people particularly the rural poor and women at the centre of its interventions. AFR supports the development and provision of financial services including savings, credit, insurance, payments, and remittances. AFR is funded by FCDO, Sweden, USAID, the MasterCard Foundation, and KfW.
To ensure long-term sustainability and consistency of its achievements, AFR supports the Government of Rwanda’s development objectives and aligns all her interventions to the national policy frameworks such as the Financial Sector Development Programme (FSDP 2), the Economic Development Poverty Reduction Strategy (EDPRS 2), Vision 2020 and National Strategy for Transformation (NST 1).Similar Jobs in RwandaLearn more about Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) jobs in RwandaAbout AFR:
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a Rwandan not-for-profit company established in 2010 by the Governments of Rwanda and the United Kingdom with funding from the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth Development Office (FCDO) and the World Bank. AFR is currently funded by Sweden, Jersey Overseas Aid, and the MasterCard Foundation.
Access to Finance Rwanda is part of the broader Financial Sector Deepening (FSD) Network in Africa that seeks to create a transformative impact on the ending of poverty by supporting efforts to improve financial inclusion and financial sector development by helping financial institutions and markets drive inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
AFR supports the removal of systemic barriers that hinder access to financial services by low-income people, particularly the rural poor, women, youth, and MSMEs. AFR supports the development and provision of financial services including savings, credit, insurance, investment, payments, and remittances. The Role
The Office Assistant and Receptionist is responsible for general office management, front desk, and office telephone communication management in the most efficient and timely manner and to the standards and expectations of AFR. The role holder shall act as the first point of contact and resource to all incoming guests and staff. S/he shall provide collaborative day-to-day general office management, and clerical, logistical, and administrative support to AFR executive management in a professional manner.
Reporting line: The position reports to the HR and Administration Manager
Supervises: NoneScope of Responsibilities
The Office Assistant and Receptionist will be responsible for the following key tasks:
• Manage an efficient and well-informed front desk; represent the organization's brand by ensuring that visitors and all incoming and outgoing communications are handled with maximum efficiency and professionalism
• Liaise with the Procurement Manager to ensure the provision of supplies for the general and executive offices; manage supplies and resources in compliance with AFR's procedures and ensuring good value for money for the organisation
• Organise and coordinate meetings, visits, events, and workshops as requested; ensuring that all logistical requirements are effectively managed so that departmental staff can focus on the technical content
• Ensure compliance with the organization's policies, procedures, and risk management requirements.
• Manage office facility and international staff housing (if applicable) ensuring the highest standard of hygiene, health, safety, security, and a generally conducive environment is maintained
• And other duties as requested by the HR and Administration ManagerEducation and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, hospitality management, mass communication, and/or a related qualification
• Possession of a Certificate in either Customer Care; Front Desk Management; or Public Relations from a recognized University/Institution is an added advantage. Job-related experience and knowledge
• At least 2 years of experience in front office management and/or administrative functions
• Previous experience working in reception or call centre in a service industry is preferred
• Computer literate: word processing, excel, power point, MS Outlook
• Track record of good quality internal customer service provision
• Experience with coordinating logistics and events
• Excellent team player and ability to accommodate work pressure
• Friendly and professional demeanour with a positive attitude and good self-presentation
• Excellent planning and organizing skills and abilities
• Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English
• Knowledge of French would be an added advantageSubmission Procedure
All qualified candidates should submit their applications through Job in Rwanda by using the" Apply for this job" button below by the 10th of September 2022, clearly indicating in the Subject line: Application for Office Assistant and Receptionist Position.
The application should contain a Resume with an e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, and names & addresses of three professional referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact Job in Rwanda.
Qualified Rwandans and Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is open to only local candidates with relevant experience and qualifications.