Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
• Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
• Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
• Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit suitable qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Officer Recoveries Job Level: JG6
Department: Education Portfolio Management
Reports to: Manager, Recoveries
Direct Reports: N/A Indirect Reports: N/A
Contract terms: Open ended
Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the job is to undertake the recovery of student loans, contributing towards the creation of a sustainable student loan program. Main Responsibilities of the Job:
• Compile and analyze loan beneficiary data providing clean data that supports recoveries
• Identify new loan beneficiaries to initiate repayments through partners or field visits for increasing collections
• Verify bills to attain enhanced accuracy and reduce claims
• Analyze Bank statements to confirm deductions and funds deposited in BRD recovery accounts
• Prepare loan clearance certificates for beneficiary experience and to motivate others to pay back
• Process student loan refunds in cases of overpayment, to avoid the Government payables and to improve beneficiary experience
• Address queries from loan beneficiaries to enhance beneficiary satisfaction
• File documentation used in the recoveries process to enhance ease in access and to avoid loss of information
• Identify student loan defaulters, advising management on possible recovery solutions
• Propose new ways and strategies for education loan recovery
• Reconcile customer repayments
• Demonstrate customer relations to Beneficiaries of the students’ loans
• Ontime response to customer queries
• Be able to set strategies that will lead to achieving targets
• Be able to follow the Education department’ policies and procedures
• Be able to do inspection and identify gaps and make a detailed report on the findings of the inspection
• Portray professionalism in all his or her engagements and work activities
• Team player and a good communicator
• Achievement of recovery targets
• Timeliness in responding to client queries
• Quality of files stored ease in accessibility of documentation
• BRD staffs
• Manager recoveries
• Heads of unit and the department
• Supporting organizations"> Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting,
• A minimum of (two) 2 years in relevant field (management, accounting, etc.)
Competencies shall include but not limited to:
• Information systems and Data base management
• Recoveries Analysis
• Portfolio Reporting">
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/ ) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): email@example.com
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital, and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: 6th August 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 21st July 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.