Jobs at:AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
08 March 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that was founded in 1987 and has been at the forefront of the HIV response, currently supporting HIV/AIDS programs in 45 countries including Rwanda.
AHF’s mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay and core values are to be Patient-Centered, Value Employees, Respect for Diversity, Nimble, and Fight for What’s Right
AHF Rwanda is looking for very competent candidates to fill up the position of Operation Manager to be based at AHF Country Office in Kigali.
The Operations Manager plays a pivotal role in day to day running of the programs. He/she will be supporting the management team in managing the day-to-day field activities in the sites of operations, including AHF Rwanda’s facilities (such as office space, equipment, and program vehicles), logistics, procurement, and supply chain management. This position is based in Kigali at AHF Country Office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the Operations Manager are to ensure compliance to policies and procedures in the procurement and supply chain management with the following key performance areas: Key Responsibilities:
• Ensures the implementation and adherence to AHF global administrative, operational policies, and procedures.
• Participates in the review of policies and procedures as the need arises.
• Supervises appropriate utilization of program vehicles, responsible for the scheduling of program vehicles to field activities
• Ensures that program implementation is in accordance with AHF Global Finance and Operations policies, and procedures and the specifications determined in the approved Annual Budget. This will include monitoring contracted partners, CSOs, and vendors' worthiness; assuring fair and transparent procurement processes; reviewing the timely implementation of CAPEX; and rational use of OPEX budget.
• Ensuring smooth day-to-day implementation of operations both at AHF Office and in all programs in AHF supported sites and contracted partners.
• Conduct Market reviews and other innovative approaches to identify new ways of achieving program efficiencies.
• Coordinating with the CPM, Africa Bureau Regional Finance Manager, and the Global Office in LA on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on procurement, operational and related matters as the need arise.
• While not directly responsible for overseeing activity development, the Operations Manager will be expected to have a good general understanding of the programmatic aspects of the AHF Rwanda program in order to support the technical managers in annual budget development and quarterly reviews.
• The CPM or Senior Africa Bureau leadership team members may assign the Operations Manager other relevant tasks.
• Be the country focal person in communicating the global operational policies and procedures and any circulars from the Africa Bureau office and HQ.
• Responsible for the procurement of goods and services and acts as a liaison between AHF and vendors.
• Provides operational support for constructions and renovations of health facilities.
• Provide leadership and training to the procurement team;
• Manage efficient distribution of commodities and capital assets to supported facilities;
• Manage all inventories in stores and report usage on a monthly basis;
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Accounting, Business Administration, or Operations Management from a recognized university. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Fluency in the NGO’s general policies and procedures regarding operation management, financial management, financial reporting, and procurement processes systems.
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel,Outlook & PowerPoint is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Rwandese rules, regulations, and policies governing procurement processes.
• Effective English communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
Personal qualities and behavioral competencies.
• Good coordination skills are key to this role.
• Integrity, teamwork and high level of professionalism Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills, and applying sound problem-solving skills to ongoing challenges.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
• Self-motivated and maintain sound levels of work ethic.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submission of applications – to include a one-page cover letter, updated CV with contacts of three professional referees, and copies of qualification certificates – should be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject. The deadline for submission of applications is 8th March 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.