Operations & Finance Manager
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Operations & Finance Manager - Rwanda
Who Is Renew?
At RENEW, we see opportunities in Africa where others too often only notice the problems. We invest
rather than provide handouts by finding promising businesses, connecting them to investors around the
world and growing them into world-class companies. We do this because we believe that many growing
businesses, together, create the engine that lifts entire nations out of poverty. Our vision is to become the best middle market investment firm in Africa, investing in 20 countries across the continent. We’re looking to hire those who embody our values and get excited about our vision.
Since 2012, we have been pioneering an innovative blended-finance model that partners with the
development community and focuses on investing in high-potential small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Africa. This blended-finance model allows us to invest in smaller deals that are often overlooked by larger investors but are too big for microfinance. We then help these companies build disciplined, gender-smart management systems and teams and grow them into market leading companies. As a result of our investment work to date, we have become one of the most active SME investment firms in East Africa, and our network of investors (the Impact Angel Network) has grown to become the largest North American-based angel network dedicated to investing in SMEs in Africa.
We are inviting passionate and qualified candidates to apply to join our team as an Operations & Finance Manager - Rwanda based in Kigali, Rwanda. In candidates, we look for those who align with our
values: loyalty, integrity, trustworthiness, commitment and a trailblazing attitude. We welcome challenges and face them head-on each and every day! What we do is not easy, but it is rewarding and forces us to grow and innovate. As such, we hire individuals who are committed to their work, take pride in what they do and are relentless in advancing projects forward in a systematic manner. Additionally, the people that flourish at RENEW are mission-driven; they see the big picture and the long-term result of their work, and they sincerely wish to make a lasting economic impact on the continent of Africa. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This critical role will be the head of operations and financial matters in-country, and the “eyes” and “ears” on the ground for the global Finance & Administration department. The individual will play a critical role in RENEW’s Rwanda office expansion by overseeing RENEW’s physical office space and financial and administrative operations and generally being a key represenativie of the company to a diverse set of stakeholders. The successful candidate will be a quick learner, capable of handling a diverse range of tasks, troubleshooting problems and designing and implementing creative solutions. Responsibilities:
• Managing RENEW’s in-country finances, petty cash, and banking operations
• Maintaining company assets such as vehicles, computers and other IT equipment
• Ensuring that RENEW’s physical office space is maintained and constantly upholding the
company’s brand as a top international firm
• Transporting RENEW team members to and from meetings, as needed
• Working to help onboard and manage HR aspects of the RENEW team, while acting as a leader
of the company’s culture and values
• Supporting the procurement of all office supplies for RENEW
• Support the operations team to ensure RENEW business documents are kept up to date
• Ensuring compliance of administration, finance and policies and procedures with regulations and RENEW’s internal policies
• Acting as a local support to the offshore Finance & Administration team
• Taking on ad hoc operations and finance tasks as requested
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or any related field
• Valid driving license and a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver and office manager
• Flexible, willing to work outside normal office hours and during weekends, on an as needed basis
● Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals from multicultural
• Good organizational and administrative skills with an ability to work well under pressure
• Strong team player with the ability to work with in-person and virtual teams
• Inherently has a high level of integrity and trust
• Participation in company retirement plan
• Medical insurance coverage
• Paid leave
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
RENEW invites qualified applicants to fill out the application form on our website here.
RENEW is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or
disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Further, RENEW supports gender-based pay equity
and is committed to compensating women and men equally, for equal work
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.