Jobs at:Paper Crown Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
25 May 2021
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Part-time Accountant
Expected start date: July 1, 2021
Hours: 10-15 hours per month, retainer-based
Type of contract: Part-time contractor / consultant (non-staff position)
Length of contract: 6 months, inclusive of initial 2-month probationary period (possibility of renewal at end of contract)
Summary of the role:
The accountant will be responsible for supporting the Programs & Partnerships Manager with expert financial / budgetary tasks and advice, as needed. The primary purpose of this role is to provide expert review / support as requested by PCR, to ensure all financial documents and processes within the organization are sufficiently detailed, accurate, comprehensive and in line with relevant financial / tax rules and regulations.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Become familiar with PCR’s project activities and operations, to best support the Programs & Partnerships Manager with budget management and reconciliation on an ad hoc basis.
• Support the Programs & Partnerships Manager with preparing financial reports related to project budgets, operational expenditures and donor reporting, when needed.
• Develop and/or advise on user-friendly tools and procedures for financial accounting and reporting systems, as needed/requested.
• Manage the digital banking system for execution of online payments, etc., as and when needed.
• Advise on any relevant tax requirements/processes as defined by Rwandan tax laws relating to local NGOs.
Required competencies and skills:
• Prior work experience with an NGO in the Rwandan context is mandatory, minimum one year
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration, preference ACCA or CPA
• High degree of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
• High degree of proficiency with accounting and administration procedures
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan tax system, particularly for Rwandan NGOs
• Fluency in English (both oral and written) and ability to communicate promptly, clearly and concisely
• Excellent time management and a high degree of professionalism are of extreme importance for this role
• Applicants who are registered to work in Rwanda with a valid TIN number will be given preference
• Compensation: This is a part-time support role that can be undertaken alongside other work assignments and consulting roles, upon prior discussion with PCR. Compensation consists of a monthly lump-sum retainer fee in Rwf, in line with approximate hours worked.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send a detailed cover letter and an updated CV highlighting the most relevant areas of your prior experience (including at least three professional references to be contacted) by May 25th, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org To learn more about our work, please visit www.paper-crown.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.