Partnership Project Accountant-PPA
Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, November 03 2023
Date Posted: Friday, October 13 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all, and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy.
• Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and impact the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning and governance. While strengthening their own internal management systems including financial, monitoring systems and their advocacy and research capacities, NPA civil society partners support citizens to raise and express their opinions and interests with decision makers, to seek accountability and to advocate that local government planning and decision making is influenced by those citizen concerns. The same partners also support citizens access to justice and reporting of corruption. Civil society partners work at national level too to use research, media engagement and advocacy to influence debates and generate dialogue between citizens, CSOs and decision makers.
• NPA is currently seeking a Partnership Project Accountant-PPA. The Partnership Project Accountant-PPA is required to support finance function throughout NPA’s Rwanda Programme, take a lead in partner’s capacity building, partners’ financial management improvement and effective budget execution as per agreed partner’s contracts and in accordance with donor requirements and agreement. The PPA reports to the Finance Manager (FM) and works closely with Deputy Programme Manager and other colleagues.
• This position will also provide direct support to NPA’s partners to produce quality financial reports and unqualified reports (clean reports) during annual audits. H/she will establish strong coordination with programme team, other colleagues, and partner organizations to bring in and promote well-coordinated approaches.
• All responsibilities and reporting must be carried out in accordance with strategic objectives of NPA as per the organization’s strategic priorities, Regulation for Delegation of Authorization, other relevant procedures, and guidelines such as partnership policy.
• The position is based in Kigali with travel to other areas as required.
Job Description for Partnership Project Accountant-PPA
Summary of the Position:
• Review of partner’s budgets by ensuring that they are realistic with accurate unit costs together with appropriate budget notes/remarks on an annual basis.
• Ensure that all partners receive funds for implementation on time and according to the approved contracts, approved budgets in line with submitted realistic forecasts; and post the partners’ advances into Agresso.
• Review partner’s monthly financial reports by ensuring that report correct templates are used accordingly and adhered to the approved budgets; review of their monthly bank reconciliation as well as the status of their liquidity to be eligible for the next disbursement.
• Conduct planned and regular joint monitoring visits to partners and submit a report to FM showing potential risk and draw a follow up action plan for the identify gaps for capacity development.
• PPA must ensure that all partners’ expenses are reviewed in accordance with their internal controls and communicate any compliance matters to Finance Manager (FM) for any action plan for support.
• Ensure that all partners have all necessary internal policies in place such as finance, procurement, HR etc. and advise them regarding compliance issues during PFAT and monitoring visits.
• Ensure that all partner’s expenditures are booked/posted on a quarterly basis according to the approved financial reports as well as approved budgets.
• Act as a focal point for audit and ensure partner audits are conducted in a timely manner, take appropriate action by sharing any findings with partners and follow up on a designed action plan from each partner for implementation.
• Prepare partner’s monthly budget vs actuals and shared with FM with a detailed analysis of their spending status.
More details are available in the full job description.
• Required qualifications:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business administration
• At least 5 years of experience and demonstrated success working in a finance position in an international NGO or similar.
• Excellent analytical, financial management and reporting skills, with the ability to develop useful tools and formats in coordination with FM.
• Previous experience in financial monitoring, compliance, and capacity building of partners.
• Understanding of partnership approach in development work.
• Excellent communication skills with a high level of proficiency in the English language both written and oral as well as presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative hence being proactive.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and judgement skills and an ability to work autonomously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
• A willingness and ability to regularly travel domestically in support of NPA objectives.
• Desirable (will be an advantage, but are not requirements):
• Experience in due diligence and experience working with auditors.
• Ability to inspire and build the competence of partner staff.
• Good IT skills and previous experience with accounting software, preferably Agresso or similar.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested persons should submit an application letter detailing why they are interested in the position and an updated CV including contact telephone number, education qualifications and contact details of three professional references to:
• The Country Director
• Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
• By email to email@example.com or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
• NB: We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.