Jobs at:Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2021
Date Posted: Monday, October 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Performance auditor conducts performance audits of government agencies, programs, or activities. Newly recruited auditors receive tailored performance audit training that enable them to carry out work assigned. Initially, they are given more routine assignments under close supervision by more experienced staff. As they gain on-the-job experience, performance auditors are expected to be able to take on more difficult assignments with increasingly less direct supervision.
The performance auditor analyses complex management practices and operations either individually or as a member of an audit team. As an audit team member, the performance auditor assists in developing the audit plan for the team, conducts a particular phase or section of the audit and contributes to audit report writing.
This involves the independent review and evaluation of the economy, efficiency, effectiveness and legal compliance of various government agencies, programs and activities. This also requires an in-depth understanding of management theory, administrative systems, program planning, qualitative and quantitative analysis, fiscal management and related fields.
Consequently, this will require the creative application of analytical skills and the summarisation of finding and recommendations into concise, accurate written reports.
• Understand operations of audited government agencies, programs, or activities.
• Develop and carry out audit tests and procedures.
• Gather and analyse basic data on the functions, operations, and performance of government agencies, programs, or activities.
• Interview agency staff in data gathering and analysis.
• Develop audit findings.
• Assist in writing audit reports.
• Perform additional audit-related duties as delegated.
• Bachelor's degree (Upper second class degree or above) in:
• Bsc.in Economics
• Bsc.in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Bsc.in Civil engineering
• Bsc.in agribusiness
• At least three years of proven working experience in relevant field;
• Knowledge of governmental organisations and operations;
• Knowledge of basic research methods;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Being between 28 and 30 years old
• Fluency in English, knowing French is an added value;
• Having a Master's degree in a relevant field is an added advantage. Being Rwandan citizen
The Candidate should have the ability to:
• Review and analyse policy instruments and implementation reports, detect
deficiencies and make appropriate recommendations.
• Perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Conduct interviews with audited entity's staff.
• Gain and maintain the confidence and cooperation of those contacted during the audit.
• Maintain objectivity and independence.
• Analyse, organise, and synthesise a variety of information into logicalrecommendations.
• Effectively present ideas and recommendations both orally and in writing.
• Write clear, concise, and well-organised narrative reports.
• Prepare audit working papers that substantiate audit findings.
• Work with audited entity's staff in gathering data, explaining findings and recommendations.
• Work effectively in a structured setting as a member of a team.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are required to submit their applications in English language to the Office of the Auditor General of State Finances along with an updated CV, the relevant academic transcripts, testimonials, requested experience and a copy of National Identity Card, on http://hrms.cag.gov.rw/recruitment/ not later than 15th October 2021 at 5:00 P.m. Note that, the applications must be addressed to Auditor General. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.