Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, May 24 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 23 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.
Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The pharmacy Nurse will work to contribute through the provision of quality primary health care(Curative, Promotive and Preventive Health Care) by ensuring availability , accessibility and rational use of medicines to beneficiaries at Mahama II Health center.
Qualifications and experience
• Advanced diploma(A1) or Bachelors degree(Ao) in General Nursing registered by from National Council of Nurses and Midwifes (with VALID license) with experience in pharmacy services
• Progressive experience with international NGOs in humanitarian medical logistics;
• Previous experience of supporting first phase self- sufficient primary health care programmes
• Ability to work in and maintain a positive team dynamic in insecure environments;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
• Strong knowledge of medical items necessary in various clinical departments
• Skilled in assessing quality, price, and durability of medical tools and equipment
• A dept at distributing medical supplies to respective units before items run shortage
• Advanced computer navigation skills and experience with online system
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Detail oriented, organized with strong experience in requisitioning required medical supplies, ensuring appropriate bill payment.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Click Here to Apply
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.