Principal Internal Auditor
Jobs at:East African Community
Deadline of this Job:
18 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Principal Internal Auditor
(1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2022-23/06)
Grade : P3
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Station: LVBC Secretariat Headquarters, Kisumu, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job:
To ensure that all financial and other transactions of the Commission are in compliance with the established policies, practices, rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop internal audit policies and strategies for the Commission.
• Carry out systematic reviews of all systems and internal controls as per the established policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Vouch payment and other documents before processes are completed.
• Prepare annual stock taking instructions.
• Participate in the annual stock taking exercise to ensure the Commission's assets are safeguarded.
• Carry out management audits and participate in physical inspection and verification of assets during Board of Survey.
• Carry out spot checks on stock records and physical stores.
• Arrange for annual audit exercises and investigations as may be required.
• Participate in Investments Committee, Board of Survey and Procurement Committee meetings.
• Prepare periodic internal audit reports and the Annual Audit Reports.
• Liaise with the Principal Internal Auditor at the EAC Secretariat and Audit Commission on all audit matters relating to the Commission; and
• Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the EAC. Qualifications and experience:
• A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or MBA with a bias in Auditing plus Professional Qualifications in Accounting, Auditing, Chartered Accounting Chartered Certified Accounting, Certified Accountant CPA (T), CPA (K), or CPA (U) or other related professional qualification.
• 10 years of experience in auditing with five (5) years at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
Computer skills, analytical skills, communication skills, management skills, conflict resolution, negotiation skills, networking skills, planning skills, team-building skills, report writing skills, supervisory skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to work in multi-cultural environment and paying attention to detail.
Eligibility for applications:
• Only applicants from the Republic of Burundi, DRC, Uganda and South Sudan are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
• The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
• This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
• The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
• All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
• All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
• Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
• The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
• Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
• • attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
• Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
• For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th November, 2022
Candidates who have already applied for this position are required to re-apply.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. All Applications MUST STRICTLY:
• have EAC application form, CV, application letter, ID ;
• indicate nationality and age;
• have the job reference number;
• have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
• provide referees.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.