Jobs at:Catholic Relief Service (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reports To: Procurement Officer
Country/Location: Rwanda (Kigali)
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, nutrition, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
Catholic Relief Services has been present in Rwanda since 1960, and currently implements projects in nutrition, WASH, agriculture, youth entrepreneurship, and peacebuilding. The Country Program has over 40 staff and implements its projects through local and international partners, with strong coordination/collaboration with Government of Rwanda structures.
You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
• Supports requestors to prepare complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
• Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on the progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
• Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
• Visit suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
• Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
• Prepares Payment Requests, ensuring all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors; and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or a related fields such as Business Administration, management or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
• Good writing and negotiation skills.
• Knowledge of local market conditions.
• Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with database management systems (e.g. MS Access) is highly desirable.
Required Languages: English – French – Kinyarwanda
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel up to 25 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
• Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All staff
External: Suppliers, Partners, RRA, Customs, RURA
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document - via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Friday, September 17, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Please, include below statement in your motivation letter:
“By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics”
Also, include your full names and title “Procurement Assistant” in the subject line. Due to the anticipated high interest in this post and the expected number of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.