Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall supervision of the Resource Manager Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Procurement Assistant the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities :
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Organization of procurement process including;
• Receive the approved procurement and supply requisitions from the main office, medical department, and field offices
• Conduct RFQs, ITBs or RFPs
• Receipt of quotations, bids, or proposals
• Evaluation of received proposals/quotations to ensure compliance with IOM procurement policy
• Share and advice the project managers and supervisors on offer collected and best goods/services to be procured.
• Prepare Purchase orders/ contracts and ensure all approvals are obtained, deliver the Purchase orders to the suppliers and obtain their signatures on the same.
• Follow up with suppliers and ensure timely and proper delivery of the Goods/ Services.
• Coordinate with the receiving unit on Goods/Services to be received and obtain the satisfactory delivery notes
• Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with orders and goods/services received.
• Prepare Payment requests and ensure timely payment to suppliers/ service providers.
• Assist in the contract process throughout the procurement cycle including needs definition, market research, tender issuance, and vendor performance evaluation in accordance to IOM procurement rules.
• Keep proper database of procurement related contracts and coordinate with the Senior Procurement assistant on any expiring contracts that requires renewal.
• Make sure all purchased assets are properly recorded into SAP and perform regular inventory checks to ensure physical assets are tallying with records in SAP and that all assets are properly tagged.
• Suggest internal control mechanisms to safeguard the Organization’s assets and prevent fraud. Ensure that appropriate records of assets disposal are kept on and those assets are disposed as per IOM Procurement and Asset Management policies.
• Conduct and follow up the office needs of stock, expendables, services and share the same with the Senior Procurement Assistant.
• Assist in all other logistics services, such as maintenance and repair of office facilities (including preventive maintenance), maintenance of the fleet of IOM vehicles and other common support services at the Mission as well as establish maintenance agreements with competent providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost-effective.
• Adhere to IOM procurement Manual and assist the RMO in the implementation of effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
• Maintain proper filing of all procurement-related documents.
• Participate in the One UN procurement Working Group
• Perform any other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Project Management with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
• Mature individual, able to work independently, effectively, and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds at all levels.
• Tolerant individual with ability to work with people from different background and with flexibility and able to work on overtime, when requested.
• Capable of working under stressful and difficult conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Previous work experience with an international/UN organization would be a strong advantage.
• English and Kinyarwanda. French is an added advantage.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.