Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
UNDP is working to strengthen new frameworks for development, disaster risk reduction and climate change. We support countries' efforts to achieve the new Sustainable Development Goals, which will guide global development priorities through 2030. The key 2030 Agenda principle of leaving no one behind and stamping out inequality is at the core of everything we do.
UNDP focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
• Sustainable development
• Democratic governance and peacebuilding
• Climate and disaster resilience
In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights and the empowerment of women, minorities and the poorest and most vulnerable. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• A procurement intern assists a procurement Associate in solicitation and acquisition of goods.
• The intern will assist the procurement Associate in searching catalogs and Internet sites looking for new suppliers.
• The intern assists in choosing the goods and comparing prices as well as comparing expected delivery dates.
• Under the supervision of Procurement Associate -The intern learns to communicate with suppliers regarding the status of delivery dates for orders
• Chronological indexing and filing of tenders and evaluation reports.
• Assist in monitoring on the delivery of Issued Purchase Orders.
• Under the supervision of the Procurement Associate, photocopies, analyses all cost recovery invoices and files.
• Support other/ad hoc activities as seen relevant and needed.
Competencies and attitude:
• Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
• Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
• Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal oriented mind-set;
• Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
• Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
Required Skills and Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
• currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
• currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
• have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies.
• Field of study: Procurement/Finance/Administration and Logistics or equivalent.
• Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
• English required;
• Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage.
• UNDP internships are not remunerated. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or her/his sponsoring entity;
• UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
• Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
• Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
• Interns must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
• Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
• Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
• Interns need to obtain financing for subsistence and make own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation, etc.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.