Jobs at:National Public Service Commission
Deadline of this Job:
03 May 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
National Public Service Commission
P.O.Box 6913 Kigali
The National Public Service Commission (NPSC) is an independent national institution established by the law N° 67/2018 of 30/08/2018 determining the responsibilities, organisation and functioning of National Public Service Commission, with the main mission of overseeing the implementation by public institutions of policies, principles and laws relating to recruitment and management of public servants. It is in this regard that the National Public Service Commission wishes to recruit suitable candidates to fill the following vacant Positions: .
Job Descriptions Or Key responsibilities
Coordinate The Annual Procurement Planning Process
• Collect the information from users regarding tenders
• to be issued in a given Financial year;
• Elaborate the procurement plan for the institution.
Coordinate The Implementation Of The Procurement Plan
• Follow up timely preparation of technical specifications/
• Prepare tender documents;
• Receive and safe keep bids documents;
• Participate in opening and evaluation session of bids;
Produce Tendering Reports And Prepare Notification Letter For Bidders.
• Ensure proper Contract administration
• Organize and participate in contract negotiation;
• Draft contracts for successful bidders;
• Follow-up contracts execution and completion in collaboration with the contract managers;
Ensure The Filing And Reporting
• Act as Secretary to the institution’s tender committee.
• Produce periodical reports on procurement activities;
• Ensure the filing of tender documents;
• Ensure a proper and safe filling system for procurement information; or any other recognized procurement professional certification is eligible.
• Bachelor's Degree in Procurement or Purchasing and Supply Chain
• Management. Recognized procurement professional certification is
• an added advantage.
• A holder of a Degree in Management, Accounting, Law, Public
• Finance, Economics or Civil Engineering with a professional
• certification such as: Charted Institute of Procurement and Supply
• (CIPS), Certified International Procurement Professional (CIPP),
• Certified International Advanced Procurement Professional (CIAPP)
• A transition period for professional certification requirement is three (3) years starting from 01st January, 2021. However, a new entrant without the required professional certification for a given job position shall not be eligible, one (1) year before the expiration of the transition period.
Required competencies and Key technical skills
• Understanding of public procurement laws and procedures;
• Experience of working with E-government, procurement system or other procurement software;
• Knowledge of procurement techniques as well as in market practices;
• Resource management skills;
• Analytical skills;
• Problem solving skills;
• Decision making skills;
• Time management skills;
• Risk management skills;
• Results oriented;
• Digital literacy skills;
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French.
• Knowledge of all is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates must send their application documents to the Executive Secretary of the National Public Service Commission, and the application must consist of an application letter, a well detailed CV, a copy of the National Identity Card, and non-notified copies of academic documents.
Application documents must be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org as one document not later than 3rd May, 2021 at 5Pm. For more details, please call 3999
National Public Service Commission
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.