Jobs at:Never Again Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
15 April 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station: Nyarutarama Kigali, Rwanda
Type of Appointment: short term contract (3 months) replacement for a maternity leave
Never Again Rwanda (NAR) is a peace building and social justice non-government organization that arose in response to the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi. Guided by a vision of a society that enjoys sustainable peace and social justice, NAR aims to engage society to embrace sustainable peace and social justice. NAR has five core pillars: Peacebuilding, Governance & Human Rights, Youth Engagement, Research and Strategic Partnerships.
Since its establishment, NAR has placed emphasis on Peace building and social justice. A number of projects and programs implemented across the country, aim to empower youth with opportunities to become active citizens. NAR empowers young people with critical thinking skills, public speaking and dialogue skills, governance and democratic values, peace education, participatory approaches, and socio-economic opportunities.
Supporting the finance team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks, preparing daily payments, budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties.
Role and responsibilities
• Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and received
• Managing payroll incase need arises
• Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
• Supporting in budget preparations: breakdown activities and costs
• Completing bank reconciliations
• Entering financial information into appropriate software program (Quick books) and or other formats as required by the donors
• Managing organisational ledgers (for specific donors)
• Verifying all organizational expenditures
• Support in coordinating internal and external audits
• Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
• Verifying bank deposits
• Managing day-to-day transactions
• Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set donor budget(s)
• Ensure the appropriate implementation of NAR financial procedures and and make sure they comply with approved organisational policies and donor contracts
• Filing and putting together administrative documents
Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Related Field. Should possess CPA certificate Work Experience as an Accountant supporting a finance team.
Professional Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Competent Bookkeeping Skills
• Understanding of Budgetary Principles
• Budget Monitoring: reconciliation of planned versus actual budget expenditure - Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
• Data Entry
• Payroll Experience
• Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation
• Budget preparation
• Budget Analysis
• Detail Oriented
• Technical skills in planning and budgeting
• Excellent written and spoken proficiency in Kinyarwanda and English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
• Strong planning skills and capacity to manage multiple and tight deadlines
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For interested candidates, please send your cover letter, updated CV and other supporting documents electronically via email to: email@example.com by April 13th not later than 5:00 pm. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.