Jobs at:Never Again Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting requirements Line-managed and reports directly to the Director of Finance and Administration
Purpose of Position Supporting the finance team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks, preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties.
Main Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Support design and formulation of programme within the area of responsibility, translating priorities into local interventions.
• Assisting in project management in the initial preparation of budgets
• Monitor budgets and expenditures, timely review of cash positions of donor funds,
• Prepare documentation needed to request for funds from donors;
• Prepare budget revisions;
• Determine unutilized funds;
• Assist with the implementation of Financial - software
• Maintaining proper books of accounting
• Prepare monthly bank and petty cash reconciliations
• Manage petty cash
• Responsible for vendor maintenance on Banner for finance System ensuring compliance to systems,
• Prepares and processes purchase orders, invoices, cheque requests and contract payments,
• Ensure that purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched,
• Maintain a payables ageing report
• Provide guidance regarding purchasing and account payable to the employees,
• Responsible for providing inventory report on regular basis,
· Prepare monthly management accounts and annual financial statements and other reports as required by the Finance Management team.
• Maintain an updated fixed asset register always reconciled with the Accounting software.
• Assist in the budget process where appropriate
As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve. NAR expects all staff members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities, through providing training and presentations that benefit Never Again Rwanda staff as well as themselves
As part of the office team, assist in general administrative duties, making phone calls, sending invites and on-line publications to NAR stakeholders (local and international partners, civil society organisations, Government agencies, donors, local and international academics and other potential supporters); host visitors, support interns and volunteers
As a staff member of the organisation, you will be expected to undertake and manage staff performance appraisal formats (based on tasks and responsibilities undertaken) and complete an accompanying competency format (*how a task is undertaken, behaviour, skills and attitudes) for you and staff under your supervision. This will be undertaken 6-monthly and annually.
The list of responsibilities is by no means exhaustive and the post holder may be requested to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as required. The job description may be subject to regular review and appropriate modification.
Accountabilities Responsible for managing the Accountant Assistant(s)
Behavioural Competencies Organisational Awareness
Understands how their job contributes and delivers NAR vision, mission and goals in accordance with NAR values and the organisational strategic plan
Planning and Delivery of Work
Thinks ahead, managing time, priorities and risks, and developing structured and efficient approaches to deliver work on time and to a high standard
Considers the information that is available, identifies options and makes timely decisions
Working with Others
Takes responsibility to build and maintain positive relationships and value the opinion of others
Works in a participatory and inclusive manner to encourage team support of one another, mentoring, coaching and accompaniment
Communicating and Influencing others
Presents information and ideas clearly and convincingly, ensuring that messages are understood; and that others see NAR as credible and engage with the organisation
Is able to be flexible to sustain performance when situations change, workload increases and priorities shift Person
Professional Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
• Level 2 holder of a Professional qualification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA qualification. Full qualification would be an added advantage.
• Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA) would be an added advantage
• At least with 3 years’ Experience working with NGO’s
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
• Detail-oriented: an attention to detail for tasks with zero tolerance for errors and pro activeness to probe further into data.
• Deadline-orientated with strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and stick to time constraints is critical.
• Ability to work independently while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
• Excellent command of both oral and written English is essential.
• Ability to learn quickly and manage workload in a cooperative and demanding environment.
• Demonstrable in-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with Government of Rwanda taxation, employment policies.
• Expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity and conduct yourself in a manner that is beyond reproach at all times.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For interested candidates, please send your cover letter, updated CV and other supporting documents electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20th, 2023, not later than 5:00 pm. Only candidates with the above qualifications and experience will be selected and contacted for test and interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.