Program Manager I/ Deputy Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Advisor
Jobs at:Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deputy MEAL Advisor will assure the design and effective implementation of GKB’s MEAL framework, supporting the strategic direction developed by the MEAL Advisor and collaborating with Collaboration and Learning Advisor, Data Specialist and Partner MEAL Officers. S/he will coordinate timely data collection activities in the field, supervise Data Quality Assurance (DQA) processes, and lead MEAL capacity building activities for DPEM Coordination Committees and LCSOs.
• Coordinate field data collection activities, maintaining a schedule of all routine monitoring activities as well as annual or periodic MEAL activities to be completed
• Assist MEAL Advisor in implementation of the SMILER process and compilation of the M&E Operating Manual, in conjunction with LCSOs and government representatives and in compliance with CRS’ MEAL Policies and Procedures.
• With MEAL Advisor and associated program staff, design, field test and revise data collection tools, including using ICT4D tools where applicable.
• Assist MEAL Advisor through coordinating and leading the process compiling periodic project reports, plans, and documentation efforts.
• Assist with setup of the ICT4D system, including creating survey forms with CommCare and carrying out needed trainings for LCSOs and data collectors, as well as analyzing and producing reports.
• Coordinate the identification of staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
• Help identify, assess and strengthen partnerships relevant to INECD, applying appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
• Carry out capacity building activities for LCSOs and district staff on the use of existing government monitoring systems including RapidSMS, HMIS, Child Score Card among other systems.
• Supervise and provide technical support in all GKB data collection activities.
• Develop training modules on MEAL processes for LCSOs and DPEM Coordination Committees and implement training.
• With MEAL Advisor, Collaboration and Learning Advisor, UGHE researchers and with input from MOH and LCSOs, define a learning agenda for the life of the project, including defining research questions of interest and coordinating regular and occasional learning events such as joint reflection sessions. Facilitate learning sessions.
• Provide support in the coordination of baseline, midterm, and endline evaluations
• Facilitate the development of DQA strategy for each LCSO and DPEM Committee, in close consultation with district staff.
• Supervise data quality assurance (DQA) processes.
• Monitor the functioning of beneficiary accountability and feedback mechanisms.
• Coordinate and carry out joint monitoring visits to project sites.
• Conceptualize processes for systematic documentation of project successes and communication of successes/lessons learned with various stakeholders and, with MEAL staff, ensure these processes are implemented.
Qualifications and Experience
• A Master’s degree in international development, statistics, epidemiology, mathematics, social science of any related fields plus five years of professional experience in MEAL programming.
• Familiarity with principles and current approaches to MEAL of development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods; substantial experience applying both types of methods
• Proficiency in analyzing, interpreting and communicating information to various stakeholders
• Understanding of USAID MEAL requirements; previous MEAL experience for USAID projects required
• Previous experience working with ICT4MEAL
• Knowledge of geographical information systems and science would be an added advantage
• Previous experience working with local partner organizations in capacity strengthening roles
• Previous experience with operations research and leading and managing large research studies and consultants
• Previous experience developing management information systems
• Demonstrated commitment to gender-responsive programming
• Fluency in English required, and knowledge of French is an added advantage, written and spoken
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work well with people, good judgment and commitment to CRS’ mission
• Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training
• Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time to rural areas of the country
• Rwandan nationality
Key MEAL Competencies (specific for this position):
• MEAL in Design: Developing project-level Theories of Change, Results Frameworks, Proframes, related MEAL system tools and components, and accompanying MEAL narratives.
• Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data, set up and maintenance of databases, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
• Evaluation: Supporting project and program evaluations and reviews by ensuring the quality of evaluation methods, tools, and data and facilitating the use of evaluation results to inform decision-making and enhance learning
• Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements.
• Learning: Promoting excellent knowledge management and collaborative learning processes at the project, program and institutional levels, generating robust evidence for project and programmatic learning that leads to action, decision-making and influence.
• Analysis and Critical Thinking: Engaging with data, challenging biases and assumptions, posing thoughtful questions, pursuing deeper understanding of evidence through reflection and perspective-taking, and making informed programming decisions.
• ICT for MEAL: Applying knowledge on information and communication technologies (ICT), both hardware and software, for opportune and accurate data collection, database management, conducting
• MEAL Management: Managing financial and human resources in a way that optimizes the quality, effectiveness, and utility of MEAL systems.
Functional supervision of Partner MEAL Officers
Key Working Relationships:
• Internal: GKB MEAL Advisor, CLA Advisor, Data Specialist, Deputy Chief of Party, Chief of Party; Cluster Manager and Coordinators, GKB Technical Advisors, Regional Technical Advisor for MEAL
• External: International and local partners, government offices and affiliated agencies.
• Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the attached application form, Self -Declaration Clause and submit them together with one page Cover letter plus updated CV (maximum three pages) all in/as one document - via email only to: RW_HR@crs.org not later than Friday August 26, 2022, at 5:00pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.