Jobs at:Rwanda Wood Value Chain Association (RWVCA)
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Project Accountant
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: 18 months
The Rwanda Wood Value Chain Association (RWVCA) represents the interest and advocates for wood sector operators in Rwanda. The main objective of the Association is to work together to support members adherents to increase their competitiveness at national and the regional market, sharing of information and do collective dialogue for advocacy, organize together technical & managerial trainings for strengthening factional capacity of the members and also encourage collective purchasing high-end equipment that require a lot of investment.
Its mission is to provide professional advocacy and business development services to the members while upholding all relevant standards and regulations of the Government of Rwanda.
To achieve its mission and vision the association has last year 2019 developed and validated a 3 years strategic plan that was developed in line with the national wood sector strategic plan on the ministry of trade and industry.
Reporting to president of RWVCA, the applicant will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance and administration of the project. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination and support for development and monitoring of budget and forecast, liaising with the finance unit at Donnor office to timely process the financial transactions, maintaining a healthy balance sheet and providing support for the conduct of the audit. .
Key duties and responsibility
• Maintain accurate and complete accounting records,
• Comply and adhere to donor regulations and procedures,
• Prepare financial reports,
• Track budget/expenses to ensure proper cash flow,
• Review all payables documents for completeness, validity and accuracy before preparing payments for supplies and services providers,
• Prepare payments vouchers after ensuring that support documents are complete (request, invoice, delivery note, purchase order or contact, travel request and expenses),
• Ensure monthly/quarterly declaration and payments of all statutory deductions to the RRA.
• Compile staff monthly timesheets and prepare a table for salaries allocation to projects
• Prepare the monthly staff payroll and disseminate pay slips to staff,
• Reconcile on a monthly basis all project bank accounts,
• Manage the petty cash,
• Maintain check register & checkbooks in a safe place,
• Participate in the budgeting process,
• Perform any other task as requested by the supervisor,
Qualification and requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration and others related fields from a recognized institution,
• At least two (2) years of experience in accounting or auditing
• Computer skills: MS Office, advanced Excel preferred
• Good written and verbal skills in English, Kinyarwanda
• Having prior experience of at least 3 years with International Donor funding
• Analytical thinking and sound judgment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with various administrative and program levels of the project.
• Strong organizational and research skills with a thorough understanding of finance and accounting principles, procedures, and techniques.
• Confidentiality and ethical behavior,
• Teamwork and time consciousness,
• Knowledge of accounting process, systems and principles.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their application via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com, including a CV with 3 references, cover letter and academic qualifications, not later than 2021 may 10 before end of business day. The subject line should be ‘Application for RWVCA project accountant’
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.