Jobs at:Water For People
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The project accountant will manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. In collaboration with the Finance and Administration Manager, the Project Accountant will contribute to auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, calculating tax payments, and managing petty cash.
Major responsibilities and duties
• Ensure consistent billing and financial reporting at project levels by following finance and procurement policies.
• Monitor accounts receivable and supports project staff with collection efforts.
• Run and send pre-bills for project manager’s review and instruction.
• Support analysis and report assigned projects’ financial information.
• Monitor and track expenses, and execute payments for local operational transactions.
• Administer and track the project Petty Cash account.
• Review all invoices and payment requests, ensuring that supporting documents for each transaction are clear and complete.
• Maintain project bank accounts and ensures proper monthly bank reconciliations.
• Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, and ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
• Oversee the documentation and maintenance of complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
• Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
• Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
• Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
• Manages through Ambiguity – Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in responding to change and ambiguity.
• Demonstrates Cultural Awareness – Able to engage the wide range of stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
• Action-oriented – Maintains an attitude of open, curious and proactive learning, continually expanding own area of understanding and expertise.
• Connects with Others – Listens and fosters open communication through questioning, dialogue, and information sharing.
• Self-confident – Demonstrates humility, mature confidence, and courage to innovate, risk, and lead in own role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option), with at least three (3) years of experience.
• At least two years of experience working in Rwanda.
• Working with an international NGO is an added value
• Computer experience, knowledge of at least one accounting system, and ability to access e-mails and internet services.
• Common sense to make judgments about a situation requiring deviations from routine tasks.
• Self-starter and ability to undertake tasks without intensive supervision.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English and Kinyarwanda.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
How to Apply:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please visit our Career Center and apply with application letter along with detailed curriculum vitae (resume), relevant academic documents, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to this position. Please submit your application materials in English. In person visits or phone calls are not allowed!
Applications need to be received no later than 15 September 2021 at 5:00 pm (Rwanda time).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.