Jobs at:Arct-ruhuka (Rwandese Association Of Trauma Counsellors)
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 25 2023
Date Posted: Monday, May 22 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the position:
To support /contribute to the overall functioning and effectiveness of ARCT-Ruhuka at Finance team to achieve its mission and vision. In particular, the Project Accointant will oversee the project finance and record the day-to-day financial transactions of project activities under the USAID funded Dufatanye Urumuri Project (DUP).
• The Project Accountant will be part of finance team of the organization and will report to DAF. S/he will ensure full compliance with all the requirements of USAID , International Alert and ARCT-Ruhuka financial guidelines, regulations and procedures where applicable to ensure the effective processing of financial transactions, reporting and efficiency inexpenditures.
• The accountant will monitor budget execution, develop and submit regular financial reports in standard formats as may be required by the DUP donors.
• The specific responsibilities of the Project Accountant shall include, but not limited to the
• Maintain up-to-date accounting and financial records in accordance with the project’s accounting system, including journals, ledgers, fixed asset registers, etc.
• Responsible for the safe custody of petty cash and documents and inspection of daily petty cash disbursement documents;
• Verify the eligibility and accuracy of all payments by ensuring that documents are in compliance with donor , ARCT-Ruhuka and GoR financial requirements before submission to the DAF for approval;
• Reconcile accounts and prepare financial statements;
• Ensure timely closure of accounts per agreed deadlines stipulated in MOU, and update same for submission Management;
• Prepare periodic financial reports approved by the DAF in the form required by the donor and ARCT-Ruhuka
• Prepare audit file to facilitate the work of Internal and external auditing firm;
• Carrying out financial managerial activities under the Project and provide financial advisory and technical tasks relative to the scope of this assignment;
• Work closely with the project team to prepare Annual Work Plans and
• Budgets of the Project;
• Ensure that all financial transactions are in accordance to the approved budget lines;
• Facilitate and ensure the submission of checks are signed on timeby designated signatories;
• Identify all bottlenecks in the financial cycle of the Project – internal control weaknessand bring these to the attention of senior for remedialactions;
• Ensure that ALL payments are in compliance to the signed financial agreement andother agreed protocols of the donor;
• Ensure that supporting documents for payment are satisfied before issuing payments;
• Monitor compliance with the Bank’s rules, audit and fiduciary requirements;
• Ensure that financial transactions are carried out in accordance with applicable Finance Management policies, procedures, and instructions;
• Ensure that relevant accounting policies and standards are followed in the preparation of the project financial reports and relevant files;
• Perform other tasks as may be assigned by supervisor/employer
Qualifications And Experience, Essential Skills and Key Competence.
• A minimum bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with at least 2nd class upper division
• Communicates clearly and cogently in English and Kinyarwanda in writing and speech.
• Reads French easily, can write informal memos in French, and can sustain a professional conversation in French about finance and operational aspects of the project work.
• Comprehensive computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office,
• (especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and familiarity with usage of Quick books accounting software in recording, processing and preparing financial reports.
• Minimum of two years(2)of demonstrated professional experience in accounting, auditing, finance or grants management with a busy organization or project (not-for-profit sector preferred).
• Knowledge of income tax and labour laws as well as other Rwandan government regulations related to NGOs.
• Possess knowledge and experience of donor disbursement procedures and justification
• Possess good people management skills, interpersonal relationship skills, honesty
• A team player and have the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must be prepared to undertake field visits where necessary in support of implementation.
• Candidate must be resourceful and capable of meeting deadlines in a highly work demanding environment; flexible and able to multi-task.
• Ready to learn and share knowledge
• Having worked for USAID funded projects is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Applications for the position above should be submitted to ARCT-Ruhuka the following documents:
• Application letter addressed to the Chairperson of ARCT-Ruhuka
• Signed CV with most recent previous experiences and at least 3 referees
• Notified Copies of Degrees and Certificates
• Copy of ID
Qualifying candidates can submit all signed the required documents no later than 25nd May 2023 at 03:00 pm to https://forms.gle/jfHTsWdD9mbAC3qy5 in PDF format .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.