Jobs at:Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda (AMIR)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Kigali- Rwanda
Reporting: The Project Account will report to the Finance Manager
Project name: “Supporting and Enhancing Resilient and Viable Employment Opportunities (SERVE)
The Project coordinator oversees all aspects of “Supporting and Enhancing Resilient and Viable Employment Opportunities (SERVE) project” including planning, budgeting, funding, implementation, project organization, staffing, team leading, controlling and reporting.
The Project Accountant is responsible for the successful implementation of SERVE Project in line with the targets and milestones. He/she will ensure that project activities are implemented within the policies and procedures of the organization, in consideration of AMIRs mission, regarding the Government policies and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
The project Accountant’s role will be done in 10 project implementation Districts that include; Rulindo and Gakenke in in Northern Province; Kayonza, Rwamagana, Ngoma, and Kirehe in Eastern Province; Nyamagabe, and Huye in Southern Province; and Nyabihu and Rubavu in Western Province.
• Create project accounts in the accounting system(SAGE)
• Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
• Authorize access to project accounts
• Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
• Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project
• Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project
• Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
• Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
• Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
• Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for project
• Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
• Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
• Respond to requests for more detail from customers
• Approve the write-off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
• Close out project accounts upon project completion
• Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to project
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
• Any other accounting and finance task given
Required experiences and skills:
• Minimum 4 years’ prior experience in project accounting.
• Knowledge of project contracts and change order documents management
• ACCA or CPA qualified accountant
• Proficient in data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor payments.
• Strong communication skills.
• Key competencies are Communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability.
• Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda as well as written skills.
• Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and Power point presentation
• Professional skills in project and project portfolio management
• Professional skills in key account management and member acquisition
• Excellent network to key players in the finance and public sector
• Excellent self-organization, punctuality and reliability
• Having knowledge of SAGE(Accounting software)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th January 2023 at 5pm.
Send the documents as one folder and in the subject line, fill in the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL):
• Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
• Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names
• National ID.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Done at Kigali on 4th January 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.