Jobs at:Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women's status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country.
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at advancement of women status, peace and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice and human rights.
PFTH in partnership with CARE International in Rwanda is implementing the “Supporting and Enhancing Resilient and Viable Employment Opportunities (SERVE)” project. The project aims to build a resilient, sustainable, and inclusive entrepreneurial environment that increases work opportunities in agricultural value chains in 10 districts across Rwanda namely Rulindo & Gakenke in Northern Province, Kayonza, Rwamagana, Ngoma & Kirehe in Eastern Province Nyamagabe & huye in Southern Province and Nyabihu & Rubavu in Western Province. Under this partnership, PFTH will work with women and youth, women and youth groups, policy stakeholders and market actors, to address the specific range of challenges women and youth face in participating in the policy and business environments. These include exclusion from policy discussions and decision-making and unequal power dynamics in markets that prevent them from accessing higher value nodes and that limit support and investment in women and youth-led enterprise.
It is in this regard that PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for suitable candidate to fill the position of Project Accountant.
Duty station : The Accountant will be based at Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe Head Office.
3.1. Accountant Will Undertake The Following Specific Tasks
• Prepare and keep accounting records for the programs and projects of PFTH
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports of PFTH and partners;
• Participate in the budget planning of programs and projects;
• Post accounting records in PFTH accounting software’s on daily basis
• Monitor budget execution ;
• In collaboration with DAF, Programs Manager, and project staff propose reallocations or redevelopment of the budget;
• Prepare bank reconciliations for all accounts;
• Prepare payments
• Ensures sufficient availability of funds in the bank accounts and cash by liaising with the appropriate interlocutors;
• Analyze financial reports for programs and projects and make recommendations;
• Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial/supporting documents and reports;
• Preparation of payroll
• Preparation and remittance of all statutory deduction/taxes to relevant authorities
• Perform any other tasks as shall be assigned by the supervisors at PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE
3.2. Desired Competencies And Qualifications For Accountant
• A university degree, with a major in Accounting or Finance.
• Partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA are preferable for the prospective candidate
• Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• At least Five (5) years progressive experience in accountancy preferably in a Local or International NGO or internationally recognized auditing firm with multiple fund management experience
• Experience of working with accounting software (QuickBooks and SAGE)
• Experience in preparation of financial reports (Statement of financial position, income statement, cash flow and Statement of changes in Equity)
• Fluency in French, English and Kinyarwanda.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their applications enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Academic documents and other certificates; and three reference persons including the last employer. The application should be addressed to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe and delivered to PFTH offices by Friday, 17th February 2023 at 1:00 PM. The Pro-Femmes head office is located in Kigali City, KICUKIRO District, next to Gahanga Sector’s office. For any inquiry, you may call us on 0788521600
N.B: Only female candidates are eligible to apply. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test.
Kigali, 08th February 2023
Emma Marie BUGINGO
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.