Project Accountant/Rusumo Hydro Power Project
Jobs at:The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)
Deadline of this Job:
5th June 2019
Date Posted: 30th June 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following position:
Project Accountant/Rusumo Hydro Power Project..
• Working in liaison the Technical Team to ensure that project budgets are prepared and approved in line with the Project plans
• Ensure that the Budget is well aligned with the approved procurement plan which draws from the project plan
• Provide regular guidance to the operations and technical team on budget performances for their relevant programme activities
• Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on budget performance highlighting any adverse variances and proposals for recovery for the review of the Director Finance.
• Review all payables’ documents for completeness, validity and accuracy before preparing payments for suppliers and services providers
• Effective Liaison with the banks to ensure that bank accounts have sufficient liquidity to meet the programme commitments as and when they fall due
• Prepare periodic liquidity forecast to ensure that the programme has adequate cash resources to meet all the projects obligations smoothly
• Ensure that all transactions are processed in accordance to the Company’s approved procedures and Development Partners’ Guidelines and procedures
• Prepare withdraw and replenishment requirements in consultation with the director finance
• Ensure that relevant, accurate and complete financial records are being kept to render effective accountability for all processed transactions
• Ensure that the accounting system is posted accurately with all transactions being made in the projects
• Ensure that all computations and payments regarding statutory compliance like PAYE, WHT, VAT, RSSB etc. are being made accurately and promptly to avoid penalties and related fines
• Maintain accurately the Petty Cash float and ensure that expenditures are made for allowed purposes as stipulated in the Financial manual
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements and bring any material variances to the attention of the Director Finance for follow up and action
• Prepare monthly and quarterly budget and expenditure reports for the Finance Director’s approval
• Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Work Plan and Budget for the programme providing all the subsidiary reports, and supporting information as may be required
• Contribute to the preparation of the Annual financial Report for audit purpose and other external reporting requirements like to MINECOFIN and Development partners
• Ensure that the financial reports meet the applicable Reporting Standards
• Support effectively the external and internal audit mission by providing requested information
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and Experience
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree (A0) in commerce, Accounting, Finance,
• At least 3 years of proven relevant experience in a Finance related role
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and finance control principles
• Added advantage: Experience working as project accountant on AfDB and/or World Bank-funded projects
• Knowledge of the energy sector is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted at the reception of EDCL located at Kigali City Tower Building, 9th Floor not later than Wednesday 05/06/2019 latest 5:00 P.M.
Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates
Done at Kigali on 15/05/2019
Additional Application Instructions
NB:Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted at the reception of EDCL located at Kigali City Tower Building, 9th Floor not later than Wednesday 05/06/2019 latest 5:00 P.M..
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.