Project Coordinator, Digital Health
Jobs at:City Cancer Challenge Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
28 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Project Coordinator, Digital Health
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
About City Cancer Challenge
City Cancer Challenge Foundation (C/Can) supports cities around the world as they work to improve access to equitable, quality cancer care.
C/Can leads a city-based partnership initiative that aims to improve access to quality cancer care in cities around the world by transforming the way stakeholders from the public and private sectors collectively design, plan, and implement cancer solutions.
The approach is built on the core principle that cities can drive impact at national level by crafting data-driven solutions with the support of a network of global, regional, and local partners that reflect an understanding of the unique local context.
C/Can was launched by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) at the 2017 World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos. It was established as a standalone Swiss foundation in January 2019.
Summary of Position
In order to assist the pilot and deployment of digital health transformation projects led by C/Can cities in Africa, City Cancer Challenge Foundation is looking to recruit a Project Coordinator, Digital Health based in Kigali, Rwanda.
This is a 40% assignment for 6 months, with possibility of extension depending on the performance and project developments.
Expected starting date: August 1st, 2021
• Monitors digital health projects’ progress on a regular basis with the local project leaders and stakeholders’, in Rwanda and potentially in other African countries
• Acts as thought partner to follow project key success indicators
• Engages with clinicians and other users to collect feedback, identify pain points or training needs
• Suggests and/or takes up change management initiatives with public and private stakeholders involved
• Participates to project team meetings and contributes with own findings
Promotes the projects to other local stakeholders as a C/Can representative and contributes to their integration into larger projects
• Engages with other digital health project coordinators locally and explores collaboration opportunities
• Potentially transfers knowledge to other projects internationally
Required experience and competencies
Educational Qualifications and Experience
• A master degree with at least 1 year of work experience or a 1st degree with 3 years of work experience in one of the following domains:
• Healthcare/hospital project management
• Digital transformation project management
• Consulting experience with government agencies
Worked in data analysis and generated data-driven insights
• Experienced stringent reporting demands and is able to write professional project plans and reports
• Has experience working with international NGOs
• Engaged diverse stakeholders among public and private sectors as well as development agencies
• Communication: expresses opinions, speaks clearly, has a sense of diplomacy while interacting with external stakeholders
• Drive for results: passionate about action and helping to get things moving
• Team Spirit: enjoys working as part of a project group with members of different backgrounds
• Learning and Researching: rapidly learns new tasks and demonstrates understanding of newly acquired information
• Independence: has the ability to take initiatives and work with limited supervision to deliver results
• Coping with pressure: maintains a positive outlook at work and works productively in a pressurized environment and in a crisis situation while keeping emotions under control
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. Please ensure that they are sent as PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “C/Can Project Coordinator, Digital Health” in the email subject line. Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is identified.
The deadline: 28th August 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.