Jobs at:Association of Microfinance Institutions in Rwanda (AMIR)
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AMIR is the only umbrella body for microfinance institutions in Rwanda that seeks to build a flourishing microfinance sector in Rwanda through different areas of Advocacy and Information, Research and Development, Responsible Finance, Performance Monitoring and Capacity Building.
Terms of Reference Project Coordinator
Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Kigali- Rwanda with frequent travels to implementing Districts.
Reporting: The Project Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
Project name: “Supporting and Enhancing Resilient and Viable Employment Opportunities (SERVE)
The Project coordinator oversees all aspects of “Supporting and Enhancing Resilient and Viable Employment Opportunities (SERVE) project” including planning, budgeting, funding, implementation, project organization, staffing, team leading, controlling and reporting.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the successful implementation of SERVE Project in line with the targets and milestones. He/she will ensure that project activities are implemented within the policies and procedures of the organization, in consideration of AMIRs mission, regarding the Government policies and comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
The project coordination will be done in 10 project implementation Districts that include; Rulindo and Gakenke in in Northern Province; Kayonza, Rwamagana, Ngoma, and Kirehe in Eastern Province; Nyamagabe, and Huye in Southern Province; and Nyabihu and Rubavu in Western Province.
Coordination Of Serve Project
• To plan, implement, organize, operate and control AMIR program activities
• To staff and supervise the program teams
• To monitor and approve all budgeted programs expenditures
• To ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
• To identify and evaluate the risks associated with programs activities and take appropriate action
• To report about the program progress to the Executive Director and funders
Management Of Serve Project
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
• To break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
• Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
• Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
• Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
• Help prepare budgets and coordinate budget reviews
• Analyze risks and opportunities
• Oversee project procurement management
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
• Work with the Project team to eliminate blockers
• Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
• Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
Required experiences and skills:
• 5 years’ experience as a middle manager in related fields in the finance or public sector
• Hold masters in Finance, Accounting, Management and Project management
• Having a PMP or PRINCE2 certifications is an added advantage.
• Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda as well as written skills.
• Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and Power point presentation
• Professional knowledge about (micro-) finance and related market regulation
• Professional skills in public relations
• Professional skills in project and project portfolio management
• Professional skills in key account management and member acquisition
• Excellent network to key players in the finance and public sector
• Excellent self-organization, punctuality and reliability
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th January 2023 at 5pm.
Send the documents as one folder and in the subject line, fill in the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MEL):
• Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
• Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names
• National ID.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview.
Done at Kigali on 4th January 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.