Project Financial Manager
Jobs at:Gabiro Agribusiness Hub
Deadline of this Job:
02 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Financial Manager
1. Company Background
Gabiro Agribusiness Hub (GAH) Ltd Company is a fruit of a joint venture company created between the Government of Rwanda through its Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources as majority shareholder and Netafim Ltd, an Israeli company that offers global leadership in agricultural manufacturing industry. Both parties signed a Joint Venture-JV and Engineering Procurement and Construction-EPC agreements to initiate Gabiro commercial farm Project Phase I (5600/16000 Ha). The project shall be implemented at Karangazi sector, in Nyagatare district. Phase II of the project shall follow upon success of the Phase I.
The project, consists of setting up water infrastructures mainly a lined water canal for bulk water supply from Akagera river to multiple block units of arable land, main sedimentation tank, construction of internal access and site connection roads, set up demonstration farms for both agriculture and dairy farming, set up community engagement platforms, community resettlement for the families living in command areas and construction of new electric power line. 30% of the total project area shall be allocated to the community use for both intensive livestock and agricultural production, while 70% shall be reserved through a leasing process to the private agriculture investors. The project was analyzed to be both financially viable and technically feasible with positive economic outcomes.
In order to achieve its mission and objectives, GAH Ltd is seeking to recruit qualified, experienced and talented staff to fill the following vacant post:
2. Vacant position
Job Title Job requirements Position/s Main responsibilities
Project Financial manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance and related fields with experience of 5 years or a Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance and related Fields with 3 years is preferred.
• Must hold a professional Accounting Qualification (ACCA or CPA) or a Possession of Part II of ACCA or Intermediate Level for CPA;
• Track record of at least 5 years working experience in finance, audit and operations management
• Excellent communication skills with proficiency in English. Knowledge of French and Kinyarwanda is an added advantage.
• Proven skills in managing change, achieving results, ensuring quality, and building teams and capacity.
• Strong command of computer skills, especially in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and accounting packages.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required
• Managerial skills (leadership skills, communication skills, problems solving skills, monitoring and evaluation skills, planning and organizing skills)
• Proven competence in using of accounting computer software application (SAGE Evolution, or Quickbook or tompro) and statistical software, spreadsheet database and word processing package,
• Having professional accounting, Software Certificate(s) would be an advantage.
• Must have superior communication skills both in written and verbal form
• Be highly organized and analytical,
• Be passionate about team working,
• Have exceptional good problem-solving skills,
• • Understanding of local taxes declaration and payments procedures, 1
• Provide leadership to the finance, information Technology (IT) and HR (Human Resources (HR) teams through setting goals, coaching and appraising the performance of individual staff.
• Formulate strategies that lead to quality and depth in the talent employed in the business
• Develop and implement financial strategies that respond to the project resource and performance needs in support of the project’s strategic objectives
• Lead the accounting function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll to facilitate financial management
• Ensuring the provision of timely, accurate and relevant financial information in accordance with approved accounting policies and financial reporting standards.
• Coordinate the financial reporting process, ensuring quality, timeliness, and compliance with all reporting guidelines
• Oversee the project ’s transaction processing systems
• Custodian of project assets (control, loss protection, internal controls)
• Manage risk and return of project financial resources
• Monitor the finance operations to ensure full compliance with the relevant regulations and guidelines both internal and external to ensure minimal risk exposure to the business due to non-compliance
• Develop project’s plans and budgets as well as spending, procurement and cash flow plans;
• Develop and update standard operating procedures and best practices to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the systems and their usage
• Lead the development and testing of new programs developed to ensure responsiveness to project needs
• Oversee the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of al IT systems including database, the core system, network infrastructure, operating systems and software applications,
• Control the existence of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades to ensure all systems have supporting documents to guide the usage
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures Maintain strong relationships with Financial institutions and participate in the negotiation process for financial services to provide a healthy assets and liabilities match
• Lead in compliance with local tax laws and other statutory deductions both for Finance and HR matters
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application letter addressed to GAH Managing Director, filled application form, copies of degrees and certificates and, copy of last employer testimonials should be submitted on firstname.lastname@example.org , copy to email@example.com not later than 02/06/2022 before 5 pm. The outcome from stages of this recruitment will always be uploaded on our website: www.gah.rw/publications.
N.B: Remember to Fill the Attached "Application for Employment Form"
Done at Kigali, on 19 /05/2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.