Public Accountant Officer
Jobs at:Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, February 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Public Accountant Officer .
• Provide technical support and advice to Budget Agencies
• Liaise with Budget Agency management in preparing GoR Financial Statements and verifying their timeliness, completeness and accuracy of financial reports;
• Review of financial Statements for assigned Budget Agencies and ensure timely provision of quality review feedback
• Monitor and support audit process of assigned entities and ensure issues noted are resolved and recommendations implemented
• Provide training to Budget Agency personnel in the use of Integrated Financial Management Information System and other accounting tools and software such as IFMIS, Sage Pastel and Tompro;
• Support and take active role in the preparation of Fixed Assets Register of Central Government Agencies and Public Institutions
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual consolidation dashboards of financial information for assigned portfolio.
• Monitor accountability issues of assigned portfolio and ensure these are resolved in reasonable time.
Skills and Competencies
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
• Knowledge of finance principles;
• Knowledge of financial reporting;
• Proficiency in relevant accounting software;
• Analytical Skills;
• Technical accounting skills;
• Planning & Monitoring Skills;
• Organizational Skills;
• Communication skills;
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills;
• Initiative Skills.
• A0 in Accounting, Finance, Management specializing in Finance/Accounting or Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA etc.)
Job Education Requirements: A0 in Accounting, Finance
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.