Jobs at:World Vision International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, November 22 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 01 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
• Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
• The Regional Auditor performs audit engagements in order to provide independent objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. This will be done by using a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes of the Organisation.
• Must prove high standards of professional and social ethics and will conduct regional engagements of varying size and complexity, provide support for planning for the various phases of the field work, carry out audit work within the region as assigned by the Regional Audit Manager, provide a summary of audit findings, criteria, risks and recommendations.
40% Ensure GAA Regional Team’s High Performance:
• Performs audit assignments as assigned by the Regional Audit Manager (planning to completion) in the Annual Audit Plan, support larger and complex engagements, potentially one or more assignments simultaneously. In • Performs audit assignments as assigned by the Regional Audit Manager (planning to completion) in the Annual Audit Plan, support larger and complex engagements, potentially one or more assignments simultaneously.
• Provide support to the Investigations unit of GAA to investigate fraud allegations and unethical conduct as may be delegated by the RAM.
• Continually enhance GAA's ability to conduct both assurance and advisory reviews to add value and improve the organisation's operations while considering the organisation's key initiatives and strategic direction.
• Drive stakeholder relationships and communication and recommend/implement actions to achieve improvements; evaluate the advocacy efforts of the internal audit activity and determine key performance indicators to evaluate the success of the internal audit activity.
• Participate in the Annual Planning process: contribute to the preparation of the annual audit plan as will be directed by the Regional Audit Manager (RAM).
• Ensure the preparation of pre - audit information and coordinate receipt of information from the auditees before the fieldwork.
• Conduct detailed risk-based audit work and document findings of all allocated assignments within prescribed Audit Plan time lines.
• Provide role of Advisor to Senior Leadership in absence of/ as may be delegated from time to time by RAM.
20% Ensure High Quality:
• Maintain and ensure the highest conformance and ethical standards for GAA.
• Ensure WV GAA quality standards are maintained, which includes but is not limited to:
• Ensure all review notes are responded to by team members and compile quality draft audit findings/draft audit reports for RAM review by end of fieldwork phase.
• Timely audit binder setup and technical execution of audits (planning to completion) in the audit system/software
• Develop and submit timely audit work and draft findings to Regional Audit Manager for review.
• Ensure timely resolution of audit review feedback from RAM.
• Review follow up evidence of implementation of audit findings as per auditee “audit implementation plan’’ to ensure audit matters arising are fully resolved.
• Continually ensure innovation/ improvement in GAA Regional Teams written and verbal communication skills, soft skills, and projects.
• Use computer-assisted audit tools and techniques.
10% Professional Development:
• Maintain Continuing Education (CPE) as required.
• Provide regular capacity building to Management Teams within NO Portfolios assigned, regarding RBIA and enterprise risk management during field work, and at designated training forums planned by Management.
• Participate as an advisor of the NO Integrity and Protection Hotline (IPH) and Enterprise Risk Management committees in assigned country portfolio, as may be assigned by the RAM from time to time.
• Support and implement the Global Internal Audit (GAA) initiatives deemed to increase the internal audit team effectiveness and efficiency.
Knowledge/Qualifications For The Role:
• Prior working experience in audit (Public or private) of not less than two years in a recognized organization, experience in accredited audit firms and/or in a non-governmental organization will be an added advantage.
• Proven experience in Risk Based Auditing
• Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution
• Sound presentation, analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills
• Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered
• Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification:
• Bachelor's degree in finance, Business administration, Internal Audit or related fields.
• Professional certifications (ACCA/CPA/CIA) finalized or in advanced stage of the certification process.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Basic IT Audit and Fraud Investigation (CFE is a plus)
• Data mining & analytics, including financial and trend analysis.
• Fluency in French is a plus.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
• Can be based in any country within the cluster portfolio in the region.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.