Regional Finance Manager
Jobs at:Spark Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Are you an experienced finance professional who wants a leading role in building a world-class finance function in a global NGO? We look for a financial expert who also has a passion for developing other finance processes and staff in an international setting.
SPARK is looking for a Regional Finance Manager (RFM) who leads the finance team in Sub-Saharan and North Africa to ensure proper financial management of Spark’s projects and programs. The RFM plays a key advisory, support role to the the programme team for the timely delivery of SPARK’s programmes and projects in compliance with both internal and external regulations.
We are looking for somebody with a can-do attitude with a passion for continuously improving financial reports, systems, and processes. A pro-active leader who takes initiative and resolves challenges with flair to guide, coach and mentor colleagues within and outside functions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Timely and accurate financial accounting by the local team in the whole region
• Leading the annual budgeting and budget management during the year
• Facilitating Internal and external financial reporting
• Making sure the region works in compliance with (donor and SPARK) policies and compliance with financial controls in the region
• Leading financial budget of new donor projects
• Ensure proper controls are in place for partner selection, contract and payments
• Take pro-ractive initiatives to facilitating continuous improvement of our financial processes and reports
• Lead and support the finance team in the region and build the capacity within the finance function.
• Ensure project spending is in line with donor agreement
• Compliance with the procurement process is adhered to
• Enhence financial understanding of non-finance staff by taking proactive through trainings, templates, manuals eg.
Requirements and competencies
• 10+ years of experience in finance management, accounting, and reporting managing of nonprofit organizations.
• A degree, preferably a Master’s, in the field of financial management or accounting.
• Proven track record and an appetite to train, develop and manage a team
• Fluency in spoken and written English, French is preferred
• Willingness to international travel 3 to 4 times a year (and an opportunity for more travel if preferred)
• Develop and show an attitude of continuous learning and willingness to share this with the organization
• Ability to listen and create a dialogue with your team members. Motivate, support and encourage the team to care for them and achieve results in sometimes complex situations
• Reliable, flexible, and problem-solving person
What SPARK offers
• A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
• Competitive remuneration range depending on skills and experience
• A contract for 1 year initially, with the possibility to move into a permanent contract.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
We prefer to hire somebody in Kigali or Bujambura. In the second instance we consider candidates from other cities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
If you are interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV on https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/382 until 30th April 2022.
For more information on this position, you can contact the HR team through email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.