Regional Grants Officer
Jobs at:The Wildlife Conservation Society
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Regional Grants Officer, Central Africa
Reports to:Regional Grants Manager, Central Africa
Expected travel:Regular travel to Country Program offices in Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Gabon, Cameroon, Nigeria
Start date:2 January 2023
Thev(WCS) is seeking candidates for its newly established Regional Grants Officer’s position within its Central Africa Regional Program. The Central Africa Regional Program has country offices in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Cameroon and Nigeria.
Candidates will need to clearly demonstrate they have the necessary experience to work in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment managing grant funding from governments, multilateral and bilateral agencies, foundations, and private organizations and individuals.
• Review monthly budget versus actual analysis to ensure follow up between programmatic staff and finance staff
• Organize kick-off meetings for awards in the region focusing on key compliance requirements and award terms and conditions.
• Prepare monthly reporting reminders for all grants in the region.
• Draft service agreements ensuring donor requirements are respected and prepare purchase requisitions for fully executed service agreements.
• Support in the reporting preparation process for the regional grants.
• Ensure grants are closed out fully in the accounting system.
• Support the country offices across the subaward cycle from the due diligence to subaward close out.
• Work closely with country finance teams to ensure compliance with WCS and donor policies
• Ensures grant information management and filing systems for regional grants are coordinated and respected such that all donor contractual documents, subawards, reports, and key correspondence are appropriately filed, accessible and up-to-date.
• Support grant audits in coordination with NY Finance, the Regional Controller and Country offices.
• Support country offices in their subawardees’ regular monitoring and follow up of identified observations to ensure compliance with WCS and donor regulations.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the Regional Grants Manager. Job requirements:
• Bachelor degree required
• Proven grant management experience in an international organization (3+ years) in a multi-funder and multi-currency environment required
• Experience in managing substantial (>USD1million) USAID, EU, KfW and/or other bilateral/multilateral grants required
• Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team
• English fluency required; French language skills strongly preferred.
• Excellent computer and systems skills required with respect to MS Office applications (advanced skills in MS Excel required). Experience with a major financial accounting and reporting software (SAP or equivalent) strongly preferred.
• Commitment to the values and mission of the Wildlife Conservation Society
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, skills and experience, should apply through this link by November 30, 2022.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.