Vacancy title: Regional internal auditor for saving group program[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Hope International
Deadline of this Job: 14 August 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Application deadline: August 14, 2022
The Regional IA for Saving Group Program is responsible and accountable for implementing the internal audit plan and timeline, and issues, in a timely and effective manner, the required internal audit reports. The work includes carrying out a comprehensive program that provides assurance designed to add value and improve the HOPE SG Programs’ risk management, control, and governance processes in Africa (currently Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe).
• Location: Kigali, Rwanda
• Level: Professional
• Type: Full-time
• Department: Internal Audit
• Reports to: Regional IA Manager for Saving Group Program
• Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
• Work with the Regional IA Manager for Saving Group Program in evaluating and identifying HOPE SG programs’ risks and developing audit objectives, plans, and scope consistent with the department's charter, business objectives, and the assessment of audit risk, HOPE SG Programs’ needs, and the audit needs/priorities communicated.
• Conduct audits according to audit plan and schedule.
• Perform audit procedures including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures:
• Conduct interviews, review documents and prepare working papers.
• Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
• Review and evaluate the adequacy and application of financial and operating controls to ensure objectives are met and compliance with the policies, procedures and rules of regulatory authorities.
• Ensure the efficient and effective completion of the following items:
• See that the approved audit programs are carried out.
• Determine that work papers support the findings.
• Ensure that reports are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely.
• Determine that objectives are met.
• Other Duties
• Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies of internal controls, duplication of efforts, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
• Participate in the review and approval of the detailed audit programs tailored to each audit objective or department to assure that no specific tests or activities necessary for the audit are overlooked and to assist in preventing ineffective audit techniques from being performed. This review process is directed at the specific accomplishment of defined audit objectives.
• Analyze and summarize findings from the detailed body of audit work to identify the highest key risk areas in a way that is useful to senior management.
• Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensure internal audit activities are carried out in compliance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Ensures the adequacy of audit scope, the adequacy of testing performed, and the accuracy of conclusions reached.
• Interface with personnel throughout the HOPE Saving Group Programs, particularly those being audited, to resolve audit issues, achieve the desired improvement actions and maintain a harmonious working relationship while preserving the integrity of audit reports.
• Pursue professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
• Perform related work as assigned by the Regional Internal Audit Manager for the Saving Group Program.
• Assist in fraud investigations as required and direct audit staff of HOPE SG Programs as needed.
• Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
• Bachelor’s degree with a Business Administration or Accounting concentration. A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
• Three years of accounting, external audit, or internal audit experience; or an equivalent combination of audit and management positions in microfinance and/or financial services covering business analysis, operations, and finance.
• Familiarity with ethics in general and the common indicators of fraud in particular.
• Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills, and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Ability to travel, as needed, within the assigned region.
• Fluency in English is required; understanding of Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa or Nyanja will be an added advantage.
• Professional certification including Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, or local certification will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.