Deadline of this Job:
19 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Education: Master’s degree in Economics, International Development or related field with
• a strong component of quantitative data analysis
• Languages: English
• IT: Quantitative data analysis skills in Stata
• Experience: 1+, 3+ or 5+ years of demonstrated experience in similar roles
• About Laterite
• Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand
• and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think
• tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and
• agencies. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo,
• the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
• Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Kenya,
• and Uganda. The team brings together more than 55 full time local and international staff, as
• well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to
• be a culturally diverse organization.
• Open Applications
• Laterite plans for growth in 2021 will see an expansion of the Research Team across
• our offices. In anticipation of upcoming hiring rounds, we would like to invite interested
• researchers with a passion for development economics and strong quantitative data analysis
• skills to submit an Open Application. Successful candidates will join Laterite’s shortlist and be
• fast-tracked through the recruitment process as vacancies become available.
• We will consider Open Applications for three profiles:
• All candidates for Research Team positions must have:
• Master’s degree in Economics, International Development or related field with a strong
• component of quantitative data analysis;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
• Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata;
• Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
• In addition, we welcome:
• Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Experience working with primary data (data collection systems, cleaning and
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish
• in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
• Knowledge of Python and/or R
• Research Analyst Profile
• The main tasks of our Research Analysts are:
• Work on technical research projects – supporting the design of research instruments
• and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, drafting
• sections of reports, and keeping clients updated on progress.
• Independently deliver high-quality sections of reports or data analysis – ensuring
• your deliverables are client-ready and on time.
• Work with a team – proactively communicating with team members to keep projects
• on track, paying attention to details, and escalating any risks or issues early.
• The Research Analyst role is suited for candidates with (in addition to the must-haves stated
• At least one year of professional experience in a similar role
• Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO,
• ODK, CommCare)
• Research Associate Profile
• The main tasks of our Research Associates are:
• Manage one or two research projects in East Africa: coordinating the project team;
• ensuring implementation according to protocols; managing to the budget and
o timeline; and communicating with clients.
• Play a hands-on role in all steps of the research process: designing the technical
• approach; developing protocols, research instruments, and sampling strategies;
• monitoring data quality; conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis; writing
o reports; and presenting to clients.
• Contribute to the development of new business: proposing research ideas; writing
o technical proposals; and pricing.
• Improve the way we work: researching and piloting new methodologies and
• technologies; standardizing and automating processes for data collection and analysis;
• and supporting internal operations like recruitment and IT.
• The Research Associate role is suitable for candidates with (in addition to the must-haves
o stated above):
• 3+ years of professional experience in research (whether in a project/program or
• academic setting).
• Experience communicating with external stakeholders or in a client-facing role.
• Solid project management skills and experience coordinating projects with multiple
• components or teams.
• Senior Research Associate Profile
• The main tasks of our Senior Research Associates are:
• Lead a portfolio of impactful research projects, from design to data collection, analysis
• and follow-through.
• Lead research teams to ensure we deliver value for our clients, using rigorous and
• innovative research methods.
• Build successful partnerships with our clients and establish Laterite as a trusted partner
• for public sector organizations.
• Mentor our growing research and data teams.
• Support business development and recruitment processes.
• The Senior Research Associate role is suitable for candidates with (in addition to the must-
• haves stated above):
• 5+ years of research or project management experience in education, youth, public
• health, agriculture and/or urbanization.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and mentoring research teams
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex research projects, involving data
• collection and field teams.
• Solid project management skills to oversee a portfolio of projects at different stages in
• the research lifecycle
• Successful candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps.
• Please note that candidates submitting an Open Application will not be offered a job.
• Successful Open Application candidates will be fast-tracked in our recruitment process when
• a vacancy that fits their skills and interests becomes available.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Application Process
• Please upload your CV and a personal statement (describing your motivation to apply and
• explaining how Laterite fits in your career plans) via our online application form:
• https://form.jotform.com/211032972395556 . After submitting your application, you will be
• invited to complete a 30-minute quantitative assessment for which no special preparation is needed.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.