Research Development Strategist / Grant Writer
Jobs at:University of Global Health Equity
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Research Development Strategist / Grant Writer
Reports to: Director, Institute of Global health Equity Research (IGHER) and Head of Research
Group/Department: Institute of Global Health Equity Research
Role Purpose: The Institute of Global Health Equity Research (IGHER) of the University of
Global Health Equity (UGHE) is looking to hire a Grant Writer to support grant proposal writing
and explore all potential research and project funding opportunities with an emphasis on LMIC
and Sub-Saharan Africa funding possibilities. The grant writer will be based in the IGHER unit
and will work closely with researchers, administrative units such as grants management, finance
team, and the library. The grant writer primarily support principal investigators within IGHER,
including the newly established Clinical Trials Unit (CTU) and other departments within UGHE.
The grant writer is responsible for all phases of grant writing including the development of concept
notes, pre-award grant writing, development of procedures, evaluation, and compliance, and the
coordination of grant applications leading up to submission.
• •Prospect, identify, and recognize external opportunities that present viable funding
• opportunities and match priorities in global health, clinical trials, and other
• initiatives from within IGHER/UGHE.
• •Maintains primary responsibility for grant schedules, tracking grants, and notifying
• faculty of requests for proposals (RFP).
• •Meets regularly with faculty/staff to discuss prospective, current and new funding
• needs and opportunities.
• •Manage the entire proposal process, including strategic planning, drafting specific
• sections, editing and evaluating drafts, and coordinating proposal submission
• •Advise, prepare and edit text, figures, and tables to increase the impact and clarity
• of proposals
• •Regularly source, collect, and analyze data to track proposal success rates
• •Develop processes and procedures related to grant management and proposal
• •Develop and maintain positive, proactive relationships with researchers, university
• offices and funding agencies to ensure process efficiency and grant compliance
• with funding policies and procedures
• •Act as liaison person of all funding agencies or organizations, developing
• collaborative relationships with grant funding representatives.
• •Create and advise in the development of a grant writing curriculum to enhance the
• training of junior faculty and /or clinical fellows.
• •Teach and/or assist in teaching and administering programs to support grant writers,
• especially, junior faculty and /or clinical fellows.
• •Provide individualized grantsmanship advice, coaching, and assistance to faculty
• writing grants
• •Take on other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications And Experience
To be successful in this position, the grant writer should be articulate, possess excellent written
and oral communication skills, a team player with great ability to multitask and sometimes work
under pressure to meet demanding deadlines."> Required qualifications:
• Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, Masters, MD) or combination of relevant education, training, and/or
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in technical grant writing with a successful track record
• Familiarity with the most common LMIC and sub-Saharan Africa funding schemes
• Previous grant budget development and management experience.
• A proven record of having secured major grants with certifiable references.
• Demonstrable knowledge of grant application process, evaluation criteria and funding cycles.
• Demonstrated expertise in teaching grant writing, academic writing, to graduate students, clinical
• fellows, and academic faculty.
• Highly organized, accountable, analytical, proactive, and deadline-oriented
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of persons,
• especially faculty and trainees (graduate students, postdocs, or clinical fellows)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.