Risk & Compliance Senior Officer
Jobs at:Prime Insurance Limited
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Prime Insurance Limited is an insurance company, established in 1995 by Rwandan investors, a licensed general and life insurance company authorized by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR).
The Company is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, self- motivated, and experienced person to fill the following post:
2. Key roles & responsibilities
Under the supervision of Chief Executive Officer and the Risk Management, Ethics, and Compliance Committee the Risk & Compliance Senior Officer shall have the following key roles and responsibilities:
• Use suitable processes and tools for identifying, assessing, monitoring, managing, and reporting on risks;
• Regular reviews of the risk management system and implementation of corrective or additional measures if necessary;
• Evaluate the company’s capacity to absorb risk given the nature, probability, and impact of identified risks;
• Identify and manage risks arising from the internal and external environments;
• Develop a risk register and put in place a management measure to mitigate those risks identified;
• Identify, assess, monitor, and control foreseeable material risks at both an individual and aggregate level;
• Communicate to the management and Board of Directors the probability, impact and time horizon of such risks identified;
• Maintain an aggregate view of the company’s risk profile;
• Assess the key compliance risks and steps being taken to address them;
• Assess how various business units or departments are performing against compliance standards;
• Identify compliance issues involving management or persons with key responsibilities within the insurer;
• Follow up on material instances of non-compliance and any associated investigations;
• Follow up on fines or disciplinary actions taken by the Central Bank or any other regulatory authority in respect of the insurer or any employee.
3. Required Skills & Qualities
• Excellent Organizational Skills
• Proficient Communication Skills
• Effective Problem-solving
• Assessment & Interpretation
• Critical Thinking Ability
• Strong People Skills
• Up-to-date Knowledge of Business technology and IT
• Sound Understanding of Regulatory Guidelines and other Policies
• Fluent in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
• Rwandan Nationals of age between 30-50 years are the only eligible Candidates.
4. Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in risk management, actuarial science, finance, accounting, economics, or related field with;
• Having completed CPA;
• A minimum of consecutive four (4) years working in risk management in insurance or reinsurance companies or similar institutions of which two (2) have been passed in managerial position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application letter addressed to Chief Executive Officer,
• Recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) with proven work Experience,
• Notarized education certificates,
• A copy of National Identification;
• Three referees.
Please send your application on email@example.com in one document.
The deadline for submitting applications is September 26th, 2022 at 5 pm local time.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.