Jobs at:Sanlam Assurances Générales Plc
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, May 04 2023
Date Posted:Thursday, May 04 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With a vast amount of experience in the financial industry, our mission is to offer our customers high-quality products and services and to ensure profitable and sustainable growth. At Sanlam, we value integrity, professionalism, and teamwork in the way that we provide customer-centric and innovative services to all our clients.
Sanlam Assurances Générales Plc is seeking to recruit a highly skilled, self-motivated, and experienced person to fill the position/post of Head of Risk Management.
The person holding this position will be reporting to the Board of Directors and the Chief Executive Officer. As part of the Management team, he/she will help identify potential threats and create plans to prevent and mitigate problems and any management consulting related requests assigned to him/her. He/She will be the key person driving the Enterprise Risk Management framework.
• Conduct assessments to define and analyze the risk profile of the business using a risk-based methodology
• Conduct risks management’s audits
• Contribute to the improvement of the risk management controls and systems
• Design practical recommendations to mitigate identified risks
• Prepare regular risk management reports to the Board and management
• Help implement solutions and plans
• Evaluate employees’ risk management awareness and train them when necessary
• Supervise risk management liaisons in all departments
• Ensure company’s compliance to the regulatory requirements relating to risk management
• Ensure company’s compliance to the Group’s risk management framework’s requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proven experience of at least 6 years in Risk Management in the insurance or reinsurance sector, of which 3 years in managerial position.
• Knowledge of risk assessment and control
• Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
• Familiarity with industry compliance standards and regulations
• Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred (e.g., Statistical Analysis Software, or SAS)
• Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Master’s degree in risk management, actuarial science, economic, finance, accounting or a related field
• Professional certification in risk management is advantage.
• Strategic thinker with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Computer skills (office application, accounting systems is a plus).
• Working knowledge in Audit software packages.
• A global mindset
• Able to work under pressure
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application should include the following:
• Motivation letter
• Updated CV, including three professional references. References should include the current direct supervisor or previous direct supervisors with their full names, phone number and email address.
• Copies of degrees or certificates
• Copy of national ID card/passport.
“Only applicants fulfilling the above requirements will be contacted.”
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and well detailed CV not later than 1st May 2023 via the apply button below
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.