Risks & Compliance Manager
Jobs at:Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is a General insurance company providing various general insurance products in Rwanda since May 201. It is regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda and since inception the company has been on an upward trend, experiencing phenomenal steady growth both on the turnover and profitability. Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd belongs to a network of Mayfair insurance companies operating in Kenya (since 2005), Zambia (since 2010), Tanzania (since 2016), Uganda (since 2017) and soon in DRC. The Head-office of Mayfair Insurance is located in Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor .
Risks Management responsibilities
• Risks and compliance managers shall assess the company's capacity to absorb insurable risks given their nature, probability, and impact.
• She /He shall assess and report to the Board risks arising from the internal and external environments as well as risks arising from remuneration and incentive structures.
• She/he shall ensure the implementation of an effective risk management system within the company that is adequate to the nature, scale, and complexity of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda businesses.
Risks and Compliance Manager shall contribute to the establishment and implementation of appropriate mechanisms of compliance to:
• Promote an ethical corporate culture, including managing the implementation of and compliance with Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda’s code of conduct and code of ethics;
• Ensure Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda policies and controls in respect of legal, regulatory and ethical obligations are in place and are effectively implemented;
• Organize regular training on key legal and regulatory obligations for employees;
• Facilitate confidential reporting by employees of concerns, potential or actual violations (whistle-blowing), ensuring the protection of such employees from retaliation;
• Address compliance shortcoming and violations, including proposing any disciplinary actions by the Management or/and the Board;
• Ensure full compliance with taxes laws, BNR regulations, RSSB laws, Special Guarantee Fund laws, CRB requirements, and other laws;
• Follow up on the implementation of shareholders and Board resolutions.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The Risks and Compliance Manager must have:
• at least a master’s degree in risk management, actuarial science, finance, accounting, economics or related field with;
• At least 6 years working in risk management in insurance or reinsurance companies.
• At least 3 years’ experience in similar institutions to insurance and reinsurance passed in a managerial position.
• Adequate working knowledge of risks management, laws and insurance regulations;
• Excellent computer skills including word processing, Excel and Power-point;
• Excellent ability to prepare a concise report in English and present it to the Board and management;
• Ability to work with a variety of personnel;
• Ability to remain independent from other functions within the organization;
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda; basic French knowledge would be a plus;
• Ability to work independently with minimal close-support from the Managing Director.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Application letter addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd;
• Updated signed CV;
• Academic documents;
• Professional course progress report or certificate;
• Copy of national ID card/passport.
The application addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd shall be submitted at the head-office of Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd located in the building Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor, or via Email: email@example.com not later than 4th March 2020 at 5h:00 PM (Local time).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.