Rwanda Contract Coordinator
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with the One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Global Procurement teams oversee over $10M in spending each year across over 15,000 transactions and manage all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 1M smallholder farmers.
You will support standardized processes and create over 5% of purchasing costs out of the system through contracting and upstream supplier sourcing. You will report to the Procurement Specialist, implement important projects to improve quality and improve cycle time, resulting in internal clients satisfaction.
Tender Management and Purchasing
• To lead procurement needs forecast and ensure requesting departments place monthly requests at the beginning of every month
• To coordinate the vendor pre-qualification tender to increase the number of vendors per item category, prepare tender documents and complete tendering data entry, set up meetings, and manage advertisements
• To coordinate the purchase of stock items from wholesale companies & manufacturers
• To manage purchases for all goods/services under long-term contracts and coordinate order delivery/payment
• Review price changes over the allowable tolerance and advises management on proposed next steps e.g. re-tendering
• To manage market search and supplier search campaigns to ensure wide reach and contract effectiveness
• Draft, modify, update, and maintain contracts and associated documentation
• To monitor contract expiry and renewal dates
• To review market trends and advise management of potential contracting risk or significant anticipated price changes under contracts
• To set up a contract change control system to collect, analyze, track, and communicate contract changes both approved and denied to the contract
Other Support Functions
• To run data analysis of customer demand and historical data from reports and inventory counts to identify items to be converted into stock and forecast inventory needs
• To make recommendations on preventing stock-outs, ensuring delivery of stock items within 48 hours, and decreasing losses from damaged and stolen inventory
• To organize supplier meeting calendars to minimize supply challenges by meeting with at least 2 top suppliers per month.
Career Growth and Development
• We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 1 year of experience and education in procurement/supply chain/logistics would be advantageous
• Well-presented and professional
• Experience collaborating and coordinating with other teams and departments
• Passion for excellent customer service
• Always look for alternative solutions to problems
Language: English and Kinyarwanda
Job Location Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda.
Application Deadline:16th July 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.