Rwanda RRT Systems Design Specialist
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda RRT Systems Design Specialist
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for information.
About The Role
Looking for staff with experience in systems design. You will own the design of systems processes in the P-shop, a project owned by the Rural Retail Department. You will help this project to reach the national scale by ensuring that Systems processes and tools that are user-friendly are aligned with team goals. You will report to the RRT Systems Design Associate. Responsibilities
• Design and create new systems for new interventions/trials (processes range from products/needed materials logistics, data collection and management)
• Work with relevant stakeholders (especially Tech and Rwanda Systems teams) to ensure that RRT systems are integrated into their workstreams.
• Be the program expert to help Tech and other stakeholders design quality tools for the team.
Loan and data management
• Simplify our loan management design
• Support in fixing data management issues within internal RRT systems (R, Roster, PowerBI, etc)
• Support Systems Operations team in minor processes and tools needed changes
• Create a new results management database every season
• Create new copies of Power BI reports, etc., for new seasons
• New pricing tables in prescription / Kobo
• New dosage recommendations (kg/are) in prescription
• Change requests
• Update existing reports or tools like new tabs/reports in Power BI or other reporting/visualization platforms, add columns to repayment follow-up lists or change the format.
• Manage 1-2 Systems coordinators/supervisors
Career Growth And Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• 2+ years of experience in data management, and project management
• Advanced Microsoft excel/google sheets skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
• Experience with data management, visualization and analysis with modern tools like R among others.
• Project management skills for medium to large projects
• Experience with fieldwork and working with field teams
• Business-related Bachelor's degree
• English fluency required, Kinyarwanda beneficial
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.