SEIR&HC Project – Grant Officer
Jobs at:Development Bank of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Development Bank of Rwanda is Rwanda’s only National Development Bank mandated to support Rwanda’s development goals. Over the last years, the bank has undergone substantial re-organization aimed at positioning it as an “innovative and sustainable provider of development finance for socio-economic impact”.
To achieve this vision, the bank’s new strategic plan (2018-2024) has outlined 3 key strategic themes.
Operational Excellence: Continuous improvement of our credit and risk management system, financial performance, and customer services.
Strategic Partnerships: Forming strategic partnerships to deliver our mandate is a key component of our core activities.
Dynamic Culture: Continuously improving our pool of knowledge to have the most competent and skilled employees.
BRD is committed to respecting gender equality and disability norms. We promote gender responsive practices. Qualified candidates particularly females and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To help accomplish this ambitious and exciting vision, the Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) would like to recruit a suitable qualified candidate to fill the following position:
GRANT OFFICER (1)- Social and Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host community Project (SEIRHCP)/Jya Mbere Project
1. Background Information
Job Title: SEIR&HC Project – Grant Officer
Current Grade: JG6
Department: Business development department
Duo Reports to: Functionally to the Manager, agriculture Portfolio
Administratively to the SEIR&HC - Project Coordinator
Direct Report: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
2. Contract Terms – 4 years Renewable fix term aligned to the project life span
3. Purpose of the Job
• The purpose of the grant officer position is to identify new financing opportunities for the Social and Economic Inclusion of Refugees and Host community Project (SEIRHCP)or Jya Mbere project, appraise candidate PFIs, review and recommend PFIs submitted pipeline for financing following a thorough due diligence and finally notify the PFIs/clients of the bank’s decision.
• The grant officer will ensure that all due diligence/appraisal conducted is in line with Jya Mbere project documents including the matching grant manual, the project implementation manual (PIM), BRD`s investment policy as well as guidance provided by BRD management, the project steering committee, and the World bank.
• The grant officer will build and maintain good working relationship and communication with the project beneficiaries and PFIs.
• The position holder needs to have passion, strong work ethic, demonstrate integrity and excellent working relationship with all the project stakeholders. The job also requires having sufficient understanding of each facet of business operations and information systems to be able to make meaningful analysis and recommendations, which add value to the project development objectives.
4. Main Responsibilities of the Job
Duties and responsibilities:
• Identification and assessment of PFIs that are interested to work with the Bank.
• Build and maintain relationship with PFIs interested to work with the Bank.
• Collect the required PFIs’ data and information to enable the analysis of the PFI’s proposal submitted to the bank.
• Prepare and present the appraisal reports to the project manager/coordinator for review and submission to the relevant approving organs as per the project implementation manual.
• Prepare loans/grant notification letters to the approved PFIs, and rejection letters for rejected PFIs on timely basis.
• Prepare periodic reports related to PFIs appraised as per the project implementation Manual.
• Provide advice and guidance to the PFIs on their proposals.
• Provide guidance, information and assistance to the PFIs on the grant mechanisms and project objectives.
• Support in the outreach to relevant stakeholders, including private sector interests and the district authorities, including the Business Development and Employment Units in the target districts.
• Ensure teamwork, enhance communication and timely exchange of information.
• Carefully analyze data and produce clear and objective reports.
• Participate on the elaboration of the project budget.
• Adhere to project guidelines.
• Regularly monitor grants for compliance.
• Carry out any other assignment from the Line manager or the Management of the Bank.
5. Performance indicators
• Level of compliance with credit agreements, internal policies and sectoral regulations
• Level of compliance with the project documents and agreements
• Number of beneficiaries supported
• Proactive identification of grant/project risks
• Timeliness and accuracy of activity reports
• Project stakeholder’s satisfaction
• Internal and External audit issues closure rate
6. Working relationships
• All BRD departments
• All SEIRHCP stakeholders
• PFIs and project beneficiaries
7. Professional, academic qualifications and experience
• Education: A degree in finance, management, accounting, economics or related discipline is required. Part or full relevant qualification (CPA, ACCA, CIMA, etc) is an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar position
8. Core competencies
• Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project finance, investment and grant or credit analysis
• Up to date with legal, compliance and market risk related issues according to the PIM
• Strong financial, grant, credit and monitoring skills
• A thorough understanding of the entire lending process
• Business development and client relationship skills
• Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly across all lines of business
• Relevant computer skills.
• Proven personal integrity and work ethics
9. Duty Station
• The grant officer will be stationed at the Development Bank of Rwanda offices in Kigali.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidate should apply online (https://www.brd.rw/careers/) and upload application documents including Curriculum Vitae, copies of degree certificates and professional certificates, motivation letter, names of three previous supervisors (as one document) as well as their emails and telephone.
Only online applications shall be considered.
Email only for inquiries (not application): firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all applications to the Head, Human Capital and Corporate Services of the Development Bank of Rwanda.
Deadline for application: 30th December 2022
The employment package is highly competitive/attractive.
Due to expected high volume of applications, ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.