Jobs at:German Sparkassenstiftung
Deadline of this Job:
28 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
German Sparkassenstiftung for international Cooperation (DSIK) was established in 1992 with the global mission of financial sector development and financial inclusion in developing countries. Since 2009, DSIK has been permanently active in partnership projects with focus on strengthening of the microfinance sector and vocational education in Rwanda. Currently, the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is financially supporting projects which are implemented in collaboration with the Rwanda Institute of Cooperatives, Entrepreneurship and Microfinance (RICEM) and the Université Libre de Kigali (ULK), as well as with the Government of Rwanda, in particular with the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MINICOM) and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning (MINECOFIN). The ongoing project activities in Rwanda are organized in two regional projects in Eastern Africa. DSIK in Eastern Africa is operating in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda and is in close exchange with DSIK project activities in more than 50 countries worldwide. The activities in Rwanda are in accordance with the Rwandan national development strategies, Vision 2050, and the National Strategy for Transformation (NST).
Reporting to the Country Directorate in Rwanda
Main location for the employee is Kigali. Missions to other locations in Rwanda, as well as to other countries in Eastern Africa, especially Burundi, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda are possible.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Maintain and monitor the books of accounts, e.g. ledger, cash book and all other records as required,
• Supervise cashier tasks, bank transaction payments and the pay-out of cash reimbursements,
• Conduct regular cash box audits,
• Ensure the timely payment of salaries, taxes, and social security contributions,
• Ensure the registration of new employees for social security contributions and taxes,
• Maintain bank relationship, plan, and monitor cash flow needs,
• Check conformity and accuracy of payment requests,
• Ensure that all supporting documents and proof of usage from suppliers and partners are available and well filed,
• Support the procurement committee in the implementation of procurement procedures and ensure compliance with internal, donor and government regulations,
• Oversee inventory and stock management,
• Manage and supervise administrative tasks, including logistics and purchases,
• Process regular VAT refunding,
• Preparation and submission of financial reports in compliance with the public finance rules and in accordance with the internal accounting procedures of DSIK,
• Maintain proper records and prepare for internal and external audits,
• Prepare and submit other mandatory reports to the respective authorities,Manage contracts for service providers,
• Monitor monthly and annual operating budgets,
• Ensure compliance with internal procedures and good governance,
• Other tasks as assigned by the management.
Profile/ Core Competencies:
• Minimum 5 years’ work experience with high technical skills in a similar position, preferably in an international NGO,
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or other relevant field,
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel,
• Being certified in Professional Accounting Courses (e.g: CPA, ACCA) is a plus,
• Analytical and results-oriented work skills,
• Strong communication and teamwork skills,
• Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information,
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail,
• Stress resistant team player with service orientation, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism,
• Fluent in English and in Kinyarwanda. Fluency in French is a plus.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit your updated CV, relevant certificates and transcripts of records, reference/recommendation letters from previous employers and a cover letter clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications will be received not later than 28th February 2023. Please understand that we will only contact candidates who will have passed the preselection successfully and will be invited to the Assessment Center.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.