Jobs at:International Committee of the Red Cross
Deadline of this Job:
19 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization has been permanently present in Rwanda since 1990. Having its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the ICRC is given its mandate by the Geneva Conventions to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts.
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Kigali Delegation, Rwanda
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organisation. Having its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the ICRC is given its mandate by the Geneva Conventions to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person for the below position:
Position: Senior Accountant
Duty Station: Kigali
Number of positions: 1
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Duration: 1 year, renewable
• The Senior Accountant is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial re-ports of the delegation/other structure under his/her responsibility.
Bookkeeping cash and bank (50%)
• Explains the ICRC financial structure and procedures to collaborators, internal and external
• Receives the bills, audits and crosschecks accuracy and consistency of all accounting documents submitted, i.e. amounts, Requisition Orders, Purchase Orders/contracts, accounting details, as per the organisation’s rules and procedures, prior to submission to the Line manager for approval.
• Prepares all payments by bank transfer and confirmation letters timely and delivers them to the concerned respective parties
• Monitors the cash flow of the delegation and prepares cash transfer request as per monthly projections to the headquarters.
• Enters all cash payments in the accounting application and establishes the vouchers and supervises all entries related to cash and bank payments.
• Establishes accurate reconciliation of bank journals with bank statements.
• Ensures that accounting data entered is as per ICRC chart of accounts and uses the standardized entries for imputations.
• In charge of the delegation's VAT file and follows up the refunds from RRA.
• Ensures that statutory deductions, such as RSSB and P.A.Y.E are executed in a timely manner.
Financial reporting and meetings (15%)
• Prepares monthly financial planning independently and submits it to all the concerned.
• Prepares the list of newly approved Allocation of Expenditure and timely submits it to all the concerned.
• Prepares any other financial lists or statistics as required by Administration on an ad hoc basis.
End of month closure (15%)
• Performs extensive quality checks of the monthly accounting and corrects omissions/mistakes.
• Prepares monthly projections and handles the monthly closure independently, under the general supervision of the Finance & Admin. Manager.
• Liaises with all concerned departments in obtaining statistical data needed for the end-of-month closure.
• Performs end-of-month accounting closure independently.
National Society accounting (5%)
• Responsible for reconciliation of Rwanda Red Cross Society (RRCS) accountabilities with ICRC accounts.
• Supervises, coaches, and monitors the accountant in the management of this file.
People Management (15%)
• Supervises the performance management & development of the Cashier and Accountant 2 and performs their appraisals.
• Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support for employees under their supervision.
• Trains, advises and coaches Administration staff including those in the field office on financial procedures and carries out occasional field trips if needed. Minimum Required Knowledge & Experience
• An Honours degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance, or a closely related and relevant field, from a recognized University.
• At least level two of a professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA.
• Minimum 5 years’ professional work experience in a relevant similar field, preferably in an international organization.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, Particularly Excel, and Accounting software experience.
• Very good command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
This is a locally recruited position and is open to Rwandan nationals only.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education:Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “Senior Accountant” to email@example.com
The application closing date is Monday 19th December 2022, 5:00pm.
Please take note that any applications received after the above-mentioned deadline will not be considered.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.