Jobs at:Mayfair Insurance Company
Deadline of this Job:
16 January 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is a general insurance company providing various general insurance products in Rwanda since May 2017. It is regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda and since inception the company has been on an upward trend, experiencing phenominal steady growth both on the turnover and profitability. The Company is part of the network of Mayfair Insurance companies across the region (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Uganda and DRC).
The Head-office of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd is located at Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor.
Reports to: Finance Manager
JOB PURPOSE/JOB VALUE
We are looking for a detail-oriented senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
• Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
• Preparing financial statements and reports.
• Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
• Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
• Maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts.
• Assisting with annual audit preparations.
• Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
• Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
• Provide technical support and advice to Accountant and Assistant accountant.
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
• Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
• Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
• Support month-end and year-end close process.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure compliance with IFRS principles.
• Liaise with Finance Manager to improve financial procedures
• Strong knowledge in accounting and international financial reporting standard (IFRS),
• Demonstrated skills in Rwandan tax laws and regulations,
• Excellent computer skills including word processing, Excel and PowerPoint,
• Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills,
• Thorough knowledge of General Ledger accounting and account reconciliation,
• Experience with accounting software,
• Highly detail Oriented,
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda; basic French knowledge would be a plus,
• Ability to work independently with minimal close-support from a supervisor,
• Ability to work with a variety of personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The Senior accountant must have;
• At least bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Finance,
• Professional qualification (CPA or ACCA).
• At least four (4) years working experience in managerial position in an insurance company or related field.
• Previous experience in the finance department of an insurance company will be an added value.
• Application letter addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd;
• Updated signed CV;
• Academic documents;
• Professional Certificate;
• Copy of national ID card/passport.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application addressed to the Managing Director of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd shall be submitted at the head-office of Mayfair Insurance Company Rwanda Ltd located in the building Makuza Peace Plaza, 2nd Floor, or email to email@example.com not later than 29th December 2022 at 5h:00 PM (Local time).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for tests and/or interviews.
The successful candidate will be required to bring required documents as per our internal policy requirements.
Done at Kigali, on 16th December, 2022.
MUHIMUZI Mugisha Daniel
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.