Jobs at:SPOUTS of Water Rwanda LTD
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Accountant – SPOUTS of Water Rwanda Ltd.
Who we are
SPOUTS of Water Rwanda LTD is a for-profit social business that manufactures and sells the Purifaaya™ ceramic water filters and distributes rocket stove technology. SPOUTS was created in Uganda in 2014 with the simple idea that ceramic water filters could be made and sold locally, providing an amazingly effective product through a sustainable business model. SPOUTS is currently the largest ceramic water filter manufacturer in Africa.
Since SPOUTS sold its first Purifaaya in 2015, it has distributed 130,000+ filters to East Africa providing over 650,000 end-users with long-term access to safe drinking water. SPOUTS is a rapidly-growing organization with over 500 employees across Uganda and Rwanda. The next step is to expand its operations throughout East, West and Southern Africa.
As well as managing a small team in the Finance and Accounting section, the Senior Accountant ensures that transparent and accountable business systems and processes are in place to ensure the financial sustainability SPOUTS within the context of the organisation’s mission and values.
Location SPOUTS Head Office,
KG 622 St., No.5, Kimihurura, Kigali
Reports To Global Finance Director (based in Kampala, Uganda)
Supervision Received This position requires you to work independently, in close collaboration with the Rwanda management team and the Global Finance Director (based in Kampala, Uganda)
Job Type Full-time
Start Date January 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting & Balance sheet management
• Accurate/reliable financial reports. Error margin lower than 5% of net profit
• Complete report of the open items and required action by the 13th of the following month. Target Zero open items.
Working Capital & Treasury Management
• Creditors’ management - Ensure 10% of creditors should not exceed 90 days. Debtors should be as per approved policy, over dues should not exceed 5%
• Cash flow planning ensuring bank facilities are within limits. 100% compliance. No unplanned overdrawn accounts or default in loan payments
• Attain and sustain budget current ratio of 1.5 by 31st December 2023
1. Cost control and management within 95% of budget.
• Ensure proper project appraisal & approval process. Actual project economics results deviation < 10%.
• Continuous project monitoring Capex vs. budget review. Unapproved variance or overruns < 10%.
• Ensure project returns monitoring upon commissioning to ensure maximum return on investment.
• Projects Post implementation review within 1 month after the project is commissioned.
• Year final budget/business plan
• Budget accuracy/reasonableness level at least 95%.
Staff management & Supervision
• Provide leadership to the finance team ensuring teamwork is enhanced and deadlines are met.
• Provide direct supervision, guidance & direction to the finance team according to the financial policies, procedures, processes & system. Coach & develop all direct reports. 100% completion of performance contracts, mid & end year reviews for all staff.
• Effective leave management for staff. Number of leave days c/f as at 31st Dec = or < 7 days.
External audit, Compliance & Internal Controls
• Statutory audit finalized by end of 3rd month after year end.
• Ensure existence of strong internal controls through- out operational offices.
• Ensure compliance to external reporting requirements – Zero non-conformances. Prompt closure of all internal audit issues - within 30 days of audit report.
Tax planning and compliance
• Ensure compliance with revenue/tax authorities. Nil penalties/interest payments.
• Detailed transfer pricing review for each quarter. Qualifications and Experience:
• CPA/ACCA or B.A/B.S in Accounting
• 4+ years of audit or controls experience preferably at a company operating in at least 2 frontier markets
• Experience in operational finance, preferably as a senior accountant
• Very strong attention to detail
• Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools
• Experience with enterprise resource planning systems
• Advanced quantitative analysis skills and proficiency in excel
• Ability to manage a multicultural team of operations and accounting staff
• Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
• Attention to detail, strategic thinker
• High level of competence in spoken and written English language skills.
• A passion for Spouts and our customers!
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.