Senior Accountant/Accounts Expert
Jobs at:Rwanda Cooperation Initiative
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2020
Date Posted: Monday, July 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Administrative Unit: Chief Finance Officer’s Office
Job Title: Senior Accountant/Accounts Expert
Job Category: Expert
Supervise Title: Chief Finance Officer
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant will focus on business operations as well as compliance and reporting. The senior accountant is responsible for preparing and providing financial information to the management of the Company by researching and analysing accounting data, and preparing reports. These tasks include keeping proper books of accounts, ensure proper tax computation and timely filing of tax, organising and maintaining financial records, and ensuring financial statements are accurate and free from material misstatement. He/She is also responsible for documenting financial transactions by entering account information. .
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide financial information and prepare financial reports.
• Receiving, verify, make payments and record all transactions related to payment based on standards operating procedures and Accounting Standards applicable to RCI;
• Enforce internal control, risk management and compliance to company financial policies and procedures;
• Treasury and cash flows management by daily inspection of RCI Ltd bank account movements;
• Maintain company proper books of accounts in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other relevant national accounting policies;
• Support company budget management (budget preparation and execution);
• Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, stock accounting and revenue recognition;
• Timely declaration of taxes such as VAT, withholding taxes, income tax, and ensure payment of all taxes and payroll deductions;
• Preparing and timely submit periodic financial reports such as financial statements and budget performance report;
• Providing accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information;
• Identifying areas for improvement and implement improvements to financial management internal control system;
• Examining bank statements and ensure monthly bank reconciliation is performed;
• Ensuring accuracy of outgoing payments/Checks with agreements/contracts rates and approvals for all payments as per SOP
• Preparing and managing purchase orders;
• Securing financial information by completing database backups-Ensure month-end and year-end closing procedures are in compliance with relevant standards, rules and procedures;
• Act as primary person in bank relations;
• Facilitate internal, statutory (external) and tax audits;
• Putting in place a proper filling system and ensure regular filling of documents supporting all accounting transactions;
• Audit file review for auditors (Internal/External)-accuracy, timeliness Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration with specialization in Accounting or Finance
• Having completed CPA, ACCA, or CIMA
• At least three (3) years proven experience in accounting responsibilities in preparing complete financial statements preferably in service company or consultancy company;
• Experiential knowledge of IFRS, Rwandan taxes and business laws;
• Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision to meet tight deadlines;
• Experience and knowledge in treasury management;
• Demonstrate experience in using accounting software (e.g. SAGE and QuickBooks);
• Practical advanced computer skills including Microsoft Offices (Excel, Word and Power Point);
• Must be able to communicate in English and working knowledge of French is desirable.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their CV, a cover letter, a copy of degree(s) and certificate(s) and a copy of ID card or valid Rwandan Passport. The application letter should be addressed to the Ag Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Cooperation Initiative. If application is done by email, the subject should mention the position for which the candidate is applying.
N.B: Only shortlisted and successful Candidates will be communicated about the outcome,
The file is to be submitted at RCI Head office (18 KG 5 Ave, Kigali – KACYIRU - opposite Marasa Hotel) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, July 17th 2020 5:00 PM
Ag Chief Executive Officer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.