Senior Finance Associate
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Finance Associate
At mPharma, we start and end our day thinking about how we can enable patients to afford their medications. We’re a small but growing team of 300+ members, headquartered in Accra, Ghana, backed by mission-driven investors. We’ve joined hands with third-party payers, drug manufacturers, and healthcare providers to develop products and services that directly reduce the costs of prescription drugs for patients. In only a few years, we’ve managed to provide low-cost, high-quality medicines to hundreds of thousands of patients across seven African countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Rwanda & Malawi).
• mPharma is looking for a Senior Finance Associate to join our Rwanda operations. In this role, the Senior Associate will be expected to interface with clients (insurance companies & hospitals), suppliers, tax authorities, and other regulatory bodies.
• Preparation of financial projections for new partnerships and group financial statements in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and other applicable standards.
• Preparing and sending invoices to providers and hospitals, which entails obtaining validated dispensation data and billing based on agreed prices.
• Receivable management -Involves following up with clients to obtain payments based on the agreed payment period.
• Payable management – Registration of suppliers and processing of payments for drugs supplied.
• Statutory remittances – PAYE, Pension, WHT deduction, and remittance.
• Financial reporting in accordance with IFRS.
• Treasury management - monitoring the FX rates, cash flows management, and analysis.
• Calculation and computation of commissions payable to facilities.
• Liaise with external auditors and regulatory examiners to ensure financials are in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
• Payroll and salary administration, including ensuring that all applicable payroll taxes are deducted and remitted.
• Filing of tax returns to the various tax authorities.
• Keep abreast with current changes in accounting standards as well as regulatory environments and ensure appropriate implementations.
• Assist Head of Finance (global and regional) with all corporate planning, research, and analyses relating to any prospective strategic initiatives.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager. Requirements:
• A BSC degree in Accounting, Math, Finance, Engineering, Physical Sciences preferred.
• CIMA/CPA/ ACCA/ CFA qualification and being a member of the CIMA or ACCA is highly preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in Finance or Investment banking preferred;
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.