Senior Finance Manager
Jobs at:Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2022
Date Posted: Friday, January 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Finance Manager
Contract type Fixed Term
Contract length 1.5yrs
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education, and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peacebuilding, social accountability, gender, and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
To support the Chief of Party and the Project Implementation Leads in managing the Country Office finances.
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Must be a Fully Qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (ACCA) license with strong technical accounting skills. Skilled finance manager with knowledge of financial management of restricted donor funding, reporting, procurement procedures, grant management, and donor rules and regulations for non-profit organizations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: Writing clearly, accurately & concisely Communication and Influencing Skills
• Financial Business Partnering: Service oriented, customer focused approach. Experience of working in and understanding a global organization, using knowledge to analyze and interpret financial information to support management.
• Risk Management: Experience of identifying and analyzing financial risks. Decision Making and planning – Capacity for inquiry, research, logical and analytical settings.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly use of SUN accounting software and reporting packages.
• Experience of managing internal or externally focused customer services.
• Understanding and experience of organizational development and promoting high level of performance within the organization.
• A commitment to VSO ’s work and values.
• Desirable – Kinyarwanda language.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Make an application
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protect children, young people, and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy (PDF).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send application this link:https://www.vsointernational.org/about/careers/senior-finance-manager-a0m3z00000fr7vxaal
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.