Senior Human Resources Assistant (On Replacement Capacity)
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS).
Duties and Qualifications
- Assist in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local service staff. Prepare documents for the interview panel for the recruitment of local staff.
- Process local staff members¿ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Update personnel related information in MSRP/HR module where this activity has been rolled out from PAS to the respective office.
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations. Maintain daily tracking record of staff and families to provide accurate information in case of emergency.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officers approval.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 - 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization.
Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset.
High IT affinity and working experience of PeopleSoft/MSRP.
PG-Resource Planning; eg. FOCUS, Global Focus Insight
FI-PeopleSoft Financial Management
HR-PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
EX-Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations
Competencies as defined in Job Profile
Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Closing date for submissions or applications is 29 October 2021
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Follo this link to apply for this job
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.