Senior Internal Auditor (PAP)
Jobs at:African Union
Deadline of this Job:
24 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Senior Internal Auditor (PAP)
Location: SouthAfrica, SouthAfrica
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work
• Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability
• Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism
• Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Committee on Audit and Public Accounts of the PAP and the President of the PAP
Directorate/Department : Bureau of the PAP
Division : Internal Audit Unit
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 1
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Purpose of Job
To Provide technical support in auditing PAP activities designed to add value and improve operations and the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
• Coordinates all the work in the OIA.
• Supervises the Internal Auditor.
• Transmits and explains management policies and organizational objectives of the PAP to all staff members of the OIA.
• Sets objectives of the OIA Unit.
• Determines and recommends staff requirements and their job specification where necessary.
• Participates in staff recruitment both for the OIA and other Units.
• Attends Management and Bureau meetings and provides advice where required.
• Presents reports to the PAP Management and the Committee on Audit and Public Accounts.
• Reviews and presents Annual and 3-year work plan of the OIA to Management and the CAPA.
• Prepares, reviews and manages the Audit programmes for all audits, investigations and other consulting services.
• Evaluates staff under him.
• Attends CAPA meetings and provides it with assurance services and technical support.
• Performs audit jobs.
• Reviews from time to time the Risk Management System of the PAP and advises on the status of the risk register and risk management process.
• Performs and supervises investigations matters where necessary.
• Performs consulting services when required by the PAP Management.
• Coordinates and directs Performance audit assignments
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the Management and Bureau of the PAP. Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Master’s degree in Finance Management, Accounting, Business Administration, with 7 years progressive experience in Auditing or any related field. Two (2) of which must have been obtained at supervisory level.
• Certificate in CIA ACCA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or other related certification is an added advantage
• Experience in working on ERP-SAP
• Bachelor’s degree in in Finance Management, Accounting, Business Administration, with 10 years progressive experience in Auditing or any related field. Two of which must have been obtained at supervisory level
• Certificate in CIA, ACCA, CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or other related certification is an added advantage.
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office, Knowledge of SAP ERP desired.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Report writing skills
• Communication and negotiating skills.
• Planning and organizational skills.
• Strategic Perspective:
• Developing Others:
• Change Management
• Managing Risk ....
• Foster Accountability Culture
• .Communicating with impact
• .Learning Orientation
• Change Management....
• Functional Competencies
• Drive for Results...
• .Conceptual Thinking
• .Job Knowledge Sharing
• .Fosters Innovation
Tenure Of Appointment:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click Here To Apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.