Senior MEL Advisor, USAID/Rwanda Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Activity, Rwanda
Jobs at:Social Impact
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2021
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Senior MEL Advisor will be required for the initial two years of the contract after which his/her position will be absorbed by (a) locally hired MEL Advisor(s). The Senior MEL Advisor will be responsible for mentoring and coaching locally hired MEL Advisors to assume progressively greater responsibilities during contract performance. This is a full-time position based in Kigali, Rwanda, contingent upon contract award.
• Guide MEL planning, system set-up, and implementation support for USAID/Rwanda and Implementing Partners with an eye towards utilization-focused learning. This includes determining MEL priorities; indicator selection; preparing indicator reference sheets; selecting appropriate, innovative monitoring approaches; and advising on system set-up and documentation in line with USAID’s ADS 201 and Mission guidelines (such as data management, staff training, and other tasks).
• Provide mentorship to USAID/Rwanda staff and Implementing Partners regarding MEL tasks and evidence use.
• Develop monitoring tools and systems to address Mission and Activity learning needs.
• Prepare and deliver relevant training to USAID/Rwanda and implementing partners on MEL topics, including but not limited to performance monitoring and data quality assessments.
• Support USAID/Rwanda and Implementing Partners with inputting and assuring the quality of data in USAID’s knowledge and data management system, the Development Information Solution (DIS), including providing on-demand support.
• Conduct data analysis, including meta-analysis, and learning activities to assess and improve the quality of project MEL services.
• Managing the project MEL plan.
• Advanced degree in a relevant field of study such as in development evaluation, economics, statistics, demography, international development, or other social science fields. At least five years of progressive professional experience with USAID’s program cycle; OR a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such in development evaluation, economics, statistics, demography, international development or other social science fields. At least seven years of progressive professional experience with USAID’s program cycle.
• Experience designing and managing evaluations.
• Proven ability to gather and analyze data and to prepare concise and well-written reports/presentations for different audiences – technical, management, and other stakeholders.
• Experience in designing systems for cleaning, analyzing, reporting, and archiving data to facilitate evidence-based organizational learning.
• Experience with data visualization tools, techniques, and methods preferred.
• Proficiency in statistical analysis and good knowledge of at least one statistical package (e.g., SPSS, R, Stata, SAS) preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for the position, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3858
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.