Senior Procurement Officer
Jobs at:King Faisal Hospital, Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, June 09 2023
Date Posted: Saturday, June 03 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain Management, responsible for the efficient and collaborative procurements which are corporately compliant and result in a high value adding commercial outcome
Roles and Responsibilities
• Active participation in Preparation of procurement budget and ensure the activities within budget.
• Manage the procurement process including the tendering process, evaluation of bids and award of tender in line with the Hospital policies and procedure manual
• Issue notification letters to bidders on the outcome of tenders/quotations for contracts
• Selection and contracting in a timely and transparent manner and make recommendation based on technical and commercial factors;
• Analyze market cost versus market prices of goods and services to maintain updated records on the same;
• Prepare tender documents, including tender announcements and be responsible receiving bids on behalf of Hospital Tender Board;
• Prepare contracts and ensure contracts renewals are timely effected
• Ensure cost effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supplies and services to ensure value for money;
• Liaise with End Users to determine their product and service needs.
• Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for Client.
• Identifies and researches potential new suppliers.
• Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
• Consult price lists and catalogues and communicate with possible suppliers to obtain information on prices and services available, quality and availability of products and compare data to determine the best suppliers.
• Arrange for the Selection Committee to review tenders and prepare relevant paper work.
• Complete and forward Purchase Orders or Contracts to Suppliers or Consultants; negotiate and follow-up as required with respect to delivery of goods and services.
• Maintain records and support documents that are necessary to account for all purchases and distribution of goods and services
• Develop tools for capturing procurement data and identify progress towards the achievement of the procurement schedules.
• Update the monthly procurement plan.
• Any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
• Experience in tender preparation and evaluation
• Strategic sourcing skills
• Proficient in Microsoft excel and other Microsoft office applications
• Thorough understanding of the Procurement laws and procedures
• Strategic thinking and problem solving skills
• Analytical and creative thinking skills
• Executive disposition, and demonstrate high level of integrity
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (A0) in Business Administration, Procurement, Management, Commerce, Civil engineering, Law or a full professional qualification in Procurement with minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a procurement role
• Master’s Degree in a relevant field and relevant experience as mentioned above is an added advantage
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, curriculum vitae, academic credentials, National ID, Recommendation letter (s) from previous employer (s) and a criminal record on the link below by June 9th 2023.
• KFH, R is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive Total Rewards Program
• Frederic NGIRABACU
• Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.